TPG Community

Get online support

Sim activation

6340xxx
Level 2
I got email that sim is activated but still it's not and I can not make or receive any calls.
2 REPLIES 2
Erika

Hi @6340xxx,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out to us!

For security purposes, I've edited your Community username.

I've located your account using your Community details and can confirm that your TPG Mobile Sim is now active. 

For us to investigate on further, can you please post here the screenshot of the error message shown on your Mobile phone?

Nonetheless, you may check the following tips for resolving these kinds of issues.

1. Restart your phone. Switch your device off and then back on to refresh your network connection.
  2. Check coverage. Use the Coverage Checker to make sure you are in a coverage area. The Coverage Checker will also indicate if the signal at your location is strong enough for indoor and outdoor usage, or outdoor usage only.
  3. Phone is not locked. Make sure that your mobile handset is unlocked. If you purchased your mobile handset from another provider, it may be network locked to that provider. You can contact the provider to unlock your phone.
  4. Airplane mode. Make sure your device is not in airplane/flight mode. Please consult your mobile handset's manual if you are not sure how to check your handset.
  5. Check your SIM card. Make sure that your handset's SIM card is properly inserted.
  6. Network selection. Check that your phone is set to automatically select a network. If your phone is already set to automatically select a network, try to manually select your mobile Network Provider to Vodafone. You may need to turn the phone off and then back on again for the change to be in effect. Please consult your mobile handset's manual if you are unsure how to select your network provider manually.
  7. Network mode. Check that your device's network mode is set to automatic. If you have a 4G device in a 4G coverage area but you are only able to connect to 3G or 2G, make sure that 4G is switched on.
  8. Try your SIM card in another phone. If you have another phone that is unlocked and equipped to take the same size SIM card you are using, try inserting your SIM card to that phone. This will tell you if the problem is with your phone or SIM card. 

Please do let us know how it goes. 

Cheers! 

Erika

Hi @6340xxx

Hope this issue is now fixed. 

Nonetheless, should you need further assistance, feel free to bump up this thread. 

Cheers!