TPG Community

Get online support

Sim cancellation

Nadee
Level 2

Hello,  
I am planning to cancel my TPG sim and to use the same number with a different provider. When I rang TPG today, they told me that once I activate my new sim with the new provider, the TPG sim automatically cancels and that payments too should be automatically stopped.

But I read several posts in this community which said that sim cancellation is a bigger hassle than that. Can you please advise me whether the instructions that I received from TPG today is correct or whether the sim cancellation process is different to that?

Thanks in advance,
Nadee

4 REPLIES 4
Nadee
Level 2

Can a moderator please assist me with my inquiry? 
Since my current billing month is ending at the end of this month, this is a time-critical issue. 

Thanks in advance,

Ahra_G

Hi @Nadee

Welcome to the Community! 

In order to transfer out your mobile number from TPG, just contact the new provider for them to initiate the activation. Once your number has been successfully transferred to them, your service with TPG will automatically get cancelled.

Please be informed that there is a port out fee of $11.

Any unused prepaid balance will expire and make sure as well to port out 7 days before your new cycle starts to avoid being charged for the new cycle. Your new cycle will start this 30th of January 2020.

Should you have further queries, pleae feel free to let us know. 

Thanks! 

Nadee
Level 2

Thank you for the clarification Smiley Happy

The process went smoothly. 

Shane

You're welcome, @Nadee. Let us know should you require further assistance. Cheers!