TPG Community

Get online support

TPG/Vodaphone sim card

SOLVED Go to solution
macca10
Level 3

email faultemail faultCan I get some help on this one?  See attached pic. I have an iPhone6s using TPG /Vodaphone sim card and when away from my home base and local WiFi cannot send an email.  Receiving email no problem.   On Apple advice tried deleting email account and then re adding but nothing works.   Again when away from home base my laptop will send and receive email OK but iPhone only receives.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
macca10
Level 3
Sending an email via mobile data is essentially what I expect to happen when not within WiFi range. Perhaps the TPG Vodaphone SIM card is incapable of adapting to split servers. ie., Telstra for incoming mail and TPG Vodaphone for outgoing mail. With WiFi incoming and outgoing mail is streamed via ISP which is Telstra. FYI there are others that have experienced my problem on your FAQ pages. Perhaps I will go back there and see if it was possible to resolve. Thanks anyway! Macca10

View solution in original post

macca10
Level 3
Reading through TPG FAQ’s today in relation to the non ability to send email from my iPhone. Found a reference that if I had tried to use the phone overseas recently as was my case then I need to change my TPG password. Did that and now all is back to normal. Must be a lockout mechanism. cheers, macca10

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Shane

Hi @macca10,

Welcome to the community!

Since you are now using TPG mobile network you will need to update the outgoing mail server of your mail setting to 'mail.tpg.com.au'

Let us know how it will go.

For more details, you may visit this link https://www.tpg.com.au/support/emailsetting

Cheers!

macca10
Level 3

Thanks for the info re outgoing mail settings for TPG.  I have tried that but now it is asking for a password.  Don't know that I ever had a password for TPG relating to email so tried the password that I use to log in to the TPG main web site when checking settings for my mobile phone sim card.   Inserting that password nor the incoming mail password from Telstra still does not allow me to send mail from my iPhone.   Any further ideas on how to solve this email send problem IMG_1179.png

Shane

Hi @macca10,

Thanks for the details. The password should be the same used in your current email.

Updating outgoing mail server should not affect the log-in of your email address.

It issue persist, please post a screenshot of your email setting in this thread.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @macca10,

You untick the 'USE SSL' and change the service port same as below.

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) : mail.tpg.com.au
Outgoing Mail Server Port (POP3) : 25

Note: If you turn on the authentication of your email settings you will need to enter TPG username and password

Username:   Your TPG Account Username
Password:  Your TPG Account Password

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

macca10
Level 3

Untick SSL and change port to 25. Now this msg not allowing relaying.  Never had any problem sending email when TPG with Optus.  Only a problem with TPG Vodaphone.Untick SSL and change port to 25. Now this msg not allowing relaying. Never had any problem sending email when TPG with Optus. Only a problem with TPG Vodaphone.

Shane

Hi @macca10

Did you change the authentication settings?

You will need to enter your TPG Username/password on the outgoing mail server.

This is a normal issue when changing a connection network from one ISP to another. In order to use the email application on any smart phone, you will need to update the incoming and outgoing server of the email depending on the network the device is connected to (Outgoing mail server, which is not TPG/Vodaphone).

Regards,

macca10
Level 3
TPG username and password is a problem as I have never had an email account with TPG. As seen on incoming mail settings my email account is with bigpond (Telstra) and this iPhone can accept email in and out provided I have WiFi. When I am outside WiFi range I can receive email which is obviously routed via my TPG Vodaphone SIM card BUT I cannot send or reply to email when outside WiFi range. This was the original complaint enquiry made. Seems that this is not an easy fix!
Shane

Hi @macca10,

Can you try to use this settings.

SMTP smtp.vodafone.net.au

Server port 25

Security type/use SSL No / switch off

Require authentication No / switch off

Username Must be blank

Password Must be blank

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!