TPG Community

Get online support

TPG/Vodaphone sim card

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @macca10,

Can you try to send an email using your Mobile Data? The outgoing mail server should only be used when your iPhone is connected via Mobile Data and you need to change the original/default outgoing mail server when it is connected via Wi-Fi.

Regards,

macca10
Level 3
Sending an email via mobile data is essentially what I expect to happen when not within WiFi range. Perhaps the TPG Vodaphone SIM card is incapable of adapting to split servers. ie., Telstra for incoming mail and TPG Vodaphone for outgoing mail. With WiFi incoming and outgoing mail is streamed via ISP which is Telstra. FYI there are others that have experienced my problem on your FAQ pages. Perhaps I will go back there and see if it was possible to resolve. Thanks anyway! Macca10
Shane

You're welcome! @macca10

Cheers!

macca10
Level 3
Shane, During our recent communications I posted a screen shot of my iPhone email settings. One page includes my name and email address. For privacy reasons I need to delete that page. Tried to do it myself but cannot see a way. Can you delete for me or show me how to do it? Macca10
BasilDV

Hi @macca10,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I've deleted a comment which contains your personal details.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Cheers!

BasilDV

macca10
Level 3
Reading through TPG FAQ’s today in relation to the non ability to send email from my iPhone. Found a reference that if I had tried to use the phone overseas recently as was my case then I need to change my TPG password. Did that and now all is back to normal. Must be a lockout mechanism. cheers, macca10