TPG Community

Get online support

TPG scam? - getting billed after service deactivation. can you pls deactivate my phone number? i had requested it 3 wee

lyp
Level 2
Level 2

TPG scam? - getting billed after service deactivation.

can you pls deactivate my phone number? i had requested it 3 weeks back and i am still getting billed and it's still active.

account is 1200803334

I have been on the phone for hours multiple times a day and no one picks up.

I spoke to your rep on the phone regarding the cancellation of Phone xxxx. Looks like she didn't do her job apart from being a salesperson asking me to transfer the phone number to my uncle's aunties, and cousins.  Please be professional and resolve this ASAP.

get in touch ASAP and resolve my issue. else I will complaint to the communication ombudsman.

News channels are free to use the above text.

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @lyp 

Are you using a 4G Compatible handset?

Can you try to set manually the network to 4G/LTE?

If it's still not working, please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

lyp
Level 2
Level 2

Yes, and Yes, still not working....

lyp
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Please note:

1) Handset Honor 70 purchased a week ago

2) all system updates have been done currently  Magic 7.1.0.30

3) I have tried honor 70  simm card in husbands phone (Huawei P20pro who also is with TPG and does not work .I have tried  P20 pro phone sim card in Honor 70 and it works! his phone purchased 2018 also does not have a manual activation for VOLTE TO Turn on.

4) Went to Telstra shop they tried the honor 70 sim card in iPhone and it worked and vicea versa which worked! the technician is of the opinion that its a network and sim card issue not the mobile handset problem.

5) we request a sim card replacement based on it only works on iPhone not Android and this could be contributed to the de-commissioning of the 3 g network.

BasilDV

Hi @lyp 

You've confirmed that both handset and SIM are working fine, now we are down to the compatibility after the 3G closure.

The device you have needs the VoLTE for the TPG SIM to work.

BasilDV