TPG Community

Get online support

TPG scam? - getting billed after service deactivation. can you pls deactivate my phone number? i had requested it 3 wee

BigLad
Level 2

TPG scam? - getting billed after service deactivation.

can you pls deactivate my phone number? i had requested it 3 weeks back and i am still getting billed and it's still active.

account is 1200803334

I have been on the phone for hours multiple times a day and no one picks up.

I spoke to your rep on the phone regarding the cancellation of Phone xxxx. Looks like she didn't do her job apart from being a salesperson asking me to transfer the phone number to my uncle's aunties, and cousins.  Please be professional and resolve this ASAP.

get in touch ASAP and resolve my issue. else I will complaint to the communication ombudsman.

News channels are free to use the above text.

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @BigLad . Is it a matter of signal strength?

TPG 3G network has just been stopped. If calls in your home were being made on 3G, your 4G signal strength at home might be too low. Text might work on weaker signal.

Is internet access at home ok? How does it go on speedtest?

BigLad
Level 2

I think you are probably right. Internet is fine. Signal does fluctuate quite a bit but is really low at best anyway. Cant find tpg coverage map now but it shouldn't be a problem here in town. Ironically I get better coverage out of town. I also can't access my messages. This is annoying. I am not happy. I will call to complain when I am next out of town. I guess I have to go to telstra now?

david64
Level 15

@BigLad . Check if your phone can do Wifi Calling. The call is made through your home wifi and internet connection. Doesn't help for incoming calls.

BigLad
Level 2

I don't think I have wifi calls.

I spoke to tech support at tpg they say my phone doesn't have LTE mode even though the specs for my phone say that it does. They say that outside town 3g is still active and that is why calls work out there.

So why then can I use the app signal to make and receive calls in the areas where 4g lte wont let me make calls? The phone is  Samsung sm-A520f

BasilDV

Hi @BigLad 

Since the 3G network has been shut down, the device of our customers should have a VoLTE feature.

With this, the Voice service will work through the 4G/LTE network.

If your device does not support VoLTE, then you need to upgrade to a new one.

You can contact Samsung support to check your device.

TPG Mobile - Voice over LTE (VoLTE)

BasilDV