TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to make or receive call.

sabamarjani
Level 2

Hi, 

I have been unable to make or receive calls for a few days now. Mobile data works on 4.5G and text msgs are fine. I suspect this is due to 3G network shutdown. My phone doesn't support internet calling. What is the next step? Should I move to a new provider? 

I can't call tech support, obviously.

The emails that provided information about #G shut down don't say what to do next.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @sabamarjani . Is your phone fairly old that it can't do LTE calls? Any option in Settings?

Even Telstra is closing their 3G at end of June. Moving to Telstra would give you some time to decide what LTE phone to buy.

sabamarjani
Level 2

Thank you for your response David,

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A520 2017, it has a LTE/3G option in mobile networks, which I have chosen. The software is up to date and it should work, but doesn't. 

david64
Level 15

@sabamarjani . Have a look here.

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/smartphones/galaxy-a/samsung-galaxy-a5-black-32gb-sm-a520fzkjtpa/

This phone supports these bands for LTE.

• 4G FDD LTEB1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B17(700), B20(800), B28(700)

The Samsung website has an online chat that might answer how to enable LTE.

sabamarjani
Level 2

Thanks a lot!

BasilDV

Hi @sabamarjani 

How's your service?

Since the closure of the 3G network, the voice feature will work once the VoLTE is enabled.

You need to make sure that your device can support VoLTE, if not, then it is time to upgrade your phone.

BasilDV