TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to make or receive calls

Daniel4
Level 2
Hi I’ve had this issue for roughly a month now where I an unable to make or receive calls. When I try to make a call my screen displays it’s calling but won’t go through nor would the other person receive a notification that I called them. I also won’t receive a notification that someone has called me. However, I am still able to send and receive text messages and I can still use my data.
I have tried
1) Making sure airplane mode and do-not disturb is off
2) Turning my phone off and on again including shutdown
3) I have tried manually selecting the service provider in the settings
5 REPLIES 5
Ahra_G

Hi @Daniel4,

Please check and try the steps from this link:  https://support.tpg.com.au/3g-network-closure-faq

Let us know how it goes. 

-Ahra_G

fneill1503
Level 3

Just curious which mobile you have.

I have(had) a Galaxy S5 and, according to my research, it would be fine running with 4G.

But it wasn't - It has 4G functions but doesn't support the voice part. Reference to the VoLTE of mobile phones. My mobile only had support for 'LTE' but not 'Vo' part and I could send and receive texts but not make or receive phone calls.

Find somewhere in your mobile settings (usually 'mobile networks' reference) and see if if does operate in 4G and does support 'VoLTE' - if it does then you may only need to turn it on in settings. If it doesn't support the 'VoLTE' or maybe the 'LTE' only (which my Galaxy S5) did, then you are up for a new mobile.

This is assuming you don't have a connection problem with TPG.

Daniel4
Level 2
Hi,
Thanks for your help Ahra! Turning on VolTE in my settings seemed to have fixed the problem
Daniel4
Level 2
I have an Iphone XR yeah the VoLTE option is available in my settings.
Ahra_G

We're glad to know that it worked, @Daniel4! Sing out should you ever need any assistance. Cheers! Smiley Happy