TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to make or receive mobile phone calls

williamcable4
Level 2

Hi!

I've been running into issues for the last month or-so with inbound and outbound calls to my mobile phone on my Sim-Only TPG plan. It may have happened on previous occasions and I have worked around it (whatsapp, messenger), but today I have been particularly in need of my calling/mobile service due to the nature of the caller trying to get in touch with me,- and me with them. 

I am unable to make, or receive calls. However, I am still able to send and receive text messages. I have full reception, and have so-far tried/checked the following:

1) Airplane mode is off

2) I have turned my phone off and on again (twice)

3) I have done a full network reset on the mobile phone

4) I have checked my account for call barring (it is disabled)

5) I have tried manually selecting the service provider in the sim settings and preferred provider.

6) I am inside the coverage area (Perth, WA)

7) I am not using a handset/headset

8) The earpiece is not broken. I know this because I am still able to make calls using messenger.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hello, @williamcable4 

Let us help check what is causing issues with the mobile service. as you have performed most of the basic troubleshooting, could you flick me a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi!

I've been running into issues for the last month or-so with inbound and outbound calls to my mobile phone on my Sim-Only TPG plan. It may have happened on previous occasions and I have worked around it (whatsapp, messenger), but today I have been particularly in need of my calling/mobile service due to the nature of the caller trying to get in touch with me,- and me with them.

I am unable to make, or receive calls. However, I am still able to send and receive text messages. I have full reception, and have so-far tried/checked the following:

1) Airplane mode is off

2) I have turned my phone off and on again (twice)

3) I have done a full network reset on the mobile phone

4) I have checked my account for call barring (it is disabled)

5) I have tried manually selecting the service provider in the sim settings and preferred provider.

6) I am inside the coverage area (Perth, WA)

7) I am not using a handset/headset

8) The earpiece is not broken. I know this because I am still able to make calls using messenger.

Thank you!

sweet_threx
Level 2

Hi,

I also need help. 

I have the same issue as this user.

I can't make or receive mobile calls for sometime now. I am sure it did work before when I initially signed up. Tried to make calls recently and it didn't work. I noticed I couldn't make calls couple weeks ago when that big storm caused the blackout. And recently tried to call, but can't. However, I can send and receive sms and mobile internet works.

I have two of the same mobile plans and I live in Melbourne VIC.

I can't call support and there is is no chat support. I've tried to email them, but I have yet to hear from them. Trying my luck here.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you!

Aubrey

Hi @sweet_threx, is this happening regardless of where you are? And is this the same on both mobile numbers? Are callers getting any messages when they call your number?

We're keen to have a closer look at this. PM us your details and we'll go from there.

BillyA
Level 2

I'm having the same issue as reported by  williamcable4 and sweet_threx.

BasilDV

Hi @BillyA 

What is the make and model of your handset? Is it a VoLTE ready device?

If yes, can you check if the VoLTE is enabled?

Are you able to send and receive a text message?

How many signal bars are you getting?

BillyA
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV ,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, VoLTE is enabled.
Yes, able to send and receive a text messages

I've decided to resolve the issue by swtiching to another provider. Thanks for all the fish.

Goodbye.