TPG Community

Get online support

Using Iphone app to check mobile data usage - not working?

AmbyT
Level 3

i've always used the (old?) "TPG" Iphone app (purple and gold graphic on white background) to check my mobile data usage.  It stopped working a couple of weeks ago (it will no longer display anything when I click on "usage").  I can't find it to try downloading it again.  What is the current app for checking mobile data usage please?

18 REPLIES 18
Shane

Hi @AmbyT,

Thanks for raising this to us. We're sad to know that you're having trouble to access the data usage of the mobile service using our TPG application, you may also try to check it using TPG My account. 

Please see this article for more details.

Checking Your Mobile Usage

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

i've always used the (old?) "TPG" Iphone app (purple and gold graphic on white background) to check my mobile data usage.  It stopped working a couple of weeks ago (it will no longer display anything when I click on "usage").  I can't find it to try downloading it again.  What is the current app for checking mobile data usage please?

AmbyT
Level 3

Hi Shane, thanks for getting in touch.

So you're kinda saying that the old Iphone app no longer works for checking mobile data usage, and there is no fix or effective replacement, and the only way to check mobile data usage now is to log in and navigate through the website, which is nowhere near as convenient?

Is there at least a timeframe for when this will be rectified?

Shane

Hi @AmbyT,

The issue has been raised to our Developer Team, at the moment we do not have ETR yet we will provide a feedback when it becomes available. While awaiting for the resolution we recommend to use 'TPG My account'. 

Regards,

Hi Shane, thanks for getting in touch.

So you're kinda saying that the old Iphone app no longer works for checking mobile data usage, and there is no fix or effective replacement, and the only way to check mobile data usage now is to log in and navigate through the website, which is nowhere near as convenient?

Is there at least a timeframe for when this will be rectified?

AmbyT
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Thanks for escalating this fault to the developers.  Have they made any progress in fixing the app in the last six weeks since they were made aware?  Or have they added mobile data usage monitoring to the new TPG app?

thanks

Ahra_G

Hi @AmbyT

Our developers are looking into this however, we still do not have any definite timeframe. 

Once it becomes available, we will keep everyone updated by posting an announcement in our website, Community page and official social media pages. 

Thanks! 

AmbyT
Level 3

Hi TPG,

We're coming up to 4 months now with no feasible/sensible/practical way of checking mobile data usage on TPG mobiles, that I'm aware of. It's a bit weird that TPG would remove this feature without having a plan to replace it?!

Can you please update me with what progress the developers/engineers have made on this issue to restore this basic telco functionality in the last 4 months?

Thanks!

Riezl

Hi @AmbyT , we take a genuine interest to all our customer feedback and we'll make sure to pass this on internally. Should there be any update with our Mobile App, we'll surely let you know via our website.

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

AmbyT
Level 3

Hi Reizl,

Thanks for your reply. I suspect there won't be any update re the Mobile App, as there hasn't been any progress reported in 4 months, or even a whisper that the developers are aware of the issue and plan to work on it.  I think the main issue now is incentivising the developers/engineers to do their jobs (ie don't remove basic functionality without having a timely plan to restore it). Is there a particular snack they like? Perhaps I could post it in to encourage them to get moving on this?

Thanks

Riezl

Hi @AmbyT, your feedback has been forwarded internally. Thank you for taking the time to post it here.