TPG Community

Get online support

Wi-Fi calling

Jodie9210
Level 2
Hi, since I’ve moved from Telstra to tpg my WiFi calling hasn’t been working. I’ve tried resetting my phone and network settings. Nothing is working. Is it not compatible with tpg?
8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi @Jodie9210,

Welcome to the community!

TPG Mobile do not support Wi-Fi calling feature.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

nusilouis
Level 2

Hi. Simple question. Why doesn't TPG have wi-fi calling for mobiles. These are relatively new routers with nbn speeds.

When I phoned TPG they told me firstly that the Modem manufacturer,, TPLINK, can activate the ports needed to have wi fi calling enabled.

Then I was told I had to ask Apple to find out what ports they use on their Iphone. and then I could call TPG and they would set the router.  I called Apple and they advised it should be an auto process on my phone.  Just select wi-fi calling.They have no idea about which ports at the moment.  

So now I have an 18monthh contract with TPG without a wi-fi calling option available.  There is no mention of this in any written info. So I would suggest that if TPG does not have wifi calling, then Ipossibly I should not have TPG.

I have been with TPG for quite a few years, but tno wi-fi calling is a backward step in high speed technology.

Is there something you can do? Do I need to get another modem?

Please advise as my phone reception in our house has degraded to the point we either have to go outside to make a call or run upstairs and stick the phone out of the windows.

IF phone makers make wifi calling then surely carriers should make the software compatabile.

Thanks

Riezl

We appreciate your feedback and we'll surely pass this on internally,@nusilouis. Unfortunately, at this point, TPG does not support Wi-Fi Calling.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you with.

downundd
Level 2

Family are in a Vodafone blackspot in the Southern Highlands, NSW, and despite Vodafone's website saying both 4g & 3g are available indoors they are barely available outdoors. 

Now TPG has merged with Vodafone can you please update when wifi calling will be available? There are no technical reasons why it could not be (given it's available on Vodafone), and now you've merged there shouldn't be any contractual reasons either.

Shane

Hi @downundd,

The merger retains the iiNet, Vodafone and TPG brands it operates differently to each other. At the moment, TPG does not support Wi-Fi Calling we'll provide updates on our Social Media Page or here in our Community in the event that information about Wi-Fi calling becomes available.

Regards,

Family are in a Vodafone blackspot in the Southern Highlands, NSW, and despite Vodafone's website saying both 4g & 3g are available indoors they are barely available outdoors. 

Now TPG has merged with Vodafone can you please update when wifi calling will be available? There are no technical reasons why it could not be (given it's available on Vodafone), and now you've merged there shouldn't be any contractual reasons either.

downundd
Level 2

Thanks for the prompt reply Shane. I'm sorry to hear this. Whilst the brandings are indeed seperate, there is no reason why the service provision cannot change. Unfortunately it means the TPG brand will most likely imminently lose me as a customer, and when people like me come to re-evaluate being a customer we won't necessarily hop to Vodafone but chose whatever is best for us at the time of course. It'd be much easier if you could just address wifi calling which is a valuable service and would raise your Net Promoter Scores. 

Shane

We appreciate your feedback, @downundd we'll pass this on internally. 

DBerry2
Level 2
Did you end up getting this fixed?

From my understanding WiFi calling should work over a TPG wifi network from a network like Telstra or Optus