eSIM

Level 2
Just wondering if there is any update on eSIMs? I would like to connect my Samsung watch that I bought in 2018 hoping that I'd be able to connect it by now. Considering changing providers so that I can use it effectively.
8 REPLIES 8
Riezl

Hi @0459184022,  this is still a work in progress and we'll surely let customers know via our website/social media once a new feedback becomes available.

Level 2
This has been a 'work in progress ' for close to 2 years. So it looks like you ,as in TPG, can't negotiate to get on the system and stay up to date with technology. Not very good.
Riezl

We take a genuine interest to all our customer feedback and we'll pass this on internally, @0459184022.

DaveB-Zetland
Level 2

It's been more than 4 months since the last post from a customer that would like an eSim for their Apple Watch. 

Any progress? Is there an estimated time of arrival?

My wife and I are both keen to get one.

mdelanis
Level 2

I also looked into a eSim with TPG around 2 months ago and it appears that this is not a high priority for TPG. Having been with TPG for over 10 years with 3 Mobile devices. I may need to start doing what I did with Telstra over ten years ago and that is migrate my services to another carrier. 

If enough people express their interest then maybe they will listen to their customers and not their "Bean Counters" 👀

destination
Level 2

@Level 1c you are right, seems like its not at all in priority for TPG. I am also with TPG for more than 10 years with NBN and 3 phones. Looks like we need to gather more people together to get out of from TPG to another provider and then only TPG will learn their lesson.

Robchua
Level 2

I only started with TPG a couple of months ago. However, I just bought S22+ and need the eSIM especially when I start travelling for work since I need the dual SIM. So, if TPG cannot have eSIM soon, I may have to switch back to my previous service provider Vodafone. I am surprise that TPG does not eSIM, whilst Vodafone which is a subsidiary of TPG has it

kirtik
Level 2

Moving back to Vodafone as TPG does not support esim, upset that tpg does not help in the matter.