TPG Community

Get online support

international roaming in Italy

sboyle
Level 2

Hi I've just landed in roam and I cannot connect to a network.  I have used my TPG roaming over the last few years in Europe and asia without problems as the phone finds a network automatically.  Have re-booted, tried to connect manually with no luck.  Can you please sort the problem for my sim XXXXXXXXXX

9 REPLIES 9
sboyle
Level 2

Misspelt Rome- Italy sorry

Riezl

Hi @sboyle,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details.

We appreciate your effort in taking the time to troubleshoot.

We have escalated your concern to our Mobile Escalations Team and feedback will be provided via email within 24-48 hours.

Let us know via PM should you have a preferred email address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

Riezl

Hi @sboyle, we had a look at your account and we can see that the prepayment balance has been used. We normally advise customers to make sure that there's a prepayment balance on the account to ensure that the roaming service will work.

Here's a community article that can help you:

How to add Mobile Prepaid Balance

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Accounts-and-Billing/How-to-add-Mobile-Prepaid-Balance/td-p/16936

Are you also able to provide us the available networks?

sboyle
Level 2

Hi Rezi.  Thanks for your reply.  Re the pre-payment balance, its something you guys deduct.    I don't switch off  global roaming as I travel frequently.  I'm happy for you to deduct a prepayment let me know or let me know what I have to do make the pre-payment  RE available networks my phone says I WIND and 3 ITA are available.  Vodaphane and I TIM are "forbidden"?  I have tried putting the sim in another handset but to no avail.

Shawn

Riezl

Hi @sboyle, we have forwarded your message to our Mobile Escalations Team.

We'll continue to monitor this and will get back to you once a new feedback becomes available. Thank you.

sboyle
Level 2

Hi There.  Any progress on this matter?  I have been able to register on IWIND (I have bars and a R symbol) but have no "G" network.  All roaming settings are enabled on my phone.  Please fix this urgently as the phone number is also my business number in Australia and clients will be trying to contact me.

Shawn

Riezl

Hi @sboyle, we have already made a follow up with our Mobile Escalations Team and they have advised that this has been raised to Vodafone.

We have also forwarded your message to them.

sboyle
Level 2

Hi Reizl

I have had not contact from vodaphane or any escalation team.  Can you please follow up again.  Ihave tired registering to a network to no avail.

Shawn

Riezl

Our Mobile Team is no longer operating at this hour, but we have already made a follow up.

We'll let you know once a new update is received.