TPG Community

Get online support

static IP

GaryThatcher
Level 2

Hi!

How do I setup static IP on my SIM only plan?

5 REPLIES 5
Joseph_D

Hi Gary,

Are we talking about assigning static IP to your phone on your local network or when you are connected through mobile data?

Kind regards,

GaryThatcher
Level 2

i have the sim in a netcomm modem connected to ip cameras in a remote location. when the modem restarts i need it to have a static ip so i can log back in to the cameras.

Joseph_D

Hi Gary,

Please confirm. As I understand from your needs, you want a static IP for your mobile data so you can remotely access your  cameras?

Not sure if this is possible since mobile service providers are designed to provide dynamic IP since those connected to them are considered "mobile", thus IP address assigned would vary every time the sim connects and per cell tower you will be connected to.

Who is your mobile provider?

Kind regards,

Joseph D

GaryThatcher
Level 2

That is correct. I have a TPG sim (removing mobile #) that was supplied to me (by TPG) supposedly with a static ip address. However everytime I restart my modem and connect it has a different IP. I have tried ringing the help desk but keep getting transferred around from department to department and eventually end up being disconnected. I have spent most of today on hold to no avail.

Joseph_D

@GaryThatcher The TPG mobile sim card when connected to the internet service will get a dynamic IP address.

My apologies for the inconvinience.

Kind regards,

Joseph D