TPG Community

Get online support

COVR ax1872 won't connect to TPG FTTP

david64
Level 15

@jvaughnclair . The log showed a division by zero message which may or may not be a problem.

The messages: Start to connect, server detected repeated should have meant something to D-Link. Otherwise, the log doesn't mean anything to me.

One more test if you can talk to TPG. Remove the ethernet cable from the NBN box and have them run their test. See what they can detect.  Replace the ethernet cable and see if they detect anything different.  This is just to make sure they are using your connection.

Can you verify that the username and password gets into MyAccount.

jvaughnclair
Level 3

@david64 Thanks again for reviewing the logs (dont mean much to me).  I did send them to DLink and mentioned that I had when I called D-Link Customer Support - not interested! Smiley Frustrated  All they wanted to do was run through their trouble shooting script again - which I had done 100 times myself, with TPG and on a call with them.  In the end they offered me an exchange authorisation for a new COVR X1872 - not sure if I want it after this (probably hit the same issues).

Anyway I went out and bought a cheap(ish) TP-Link Archer Router and plugged it into the NBN Box with the same cable.  After configuring PPPoE with my username and password connected straight away no issues.  So TPG account, NBN FTTP connection and Box, Ethernet Cable all work as expected the issue is definitely with the D-Link COVR X1872 - probably a firmware update (label says FW V1.01, config says FW V1.02).  I can think of nothing else to cause it to suddenly stop working (for both COVR devices).

david64
Level 15

@jvaughnclair . If they are offering free replacement, I'd take it. At least they will be new units.

You should disable Automatic Firmware Upgrade. Then, it will check automatically for new firmware but require you to authorise upgrade.

jvaughnclair
Level 3

@david64 - Thanks so much, you have been a great help - appreciate your efforts and time.

I do have the COVR devices operating as 2 Extenders to the TP Link router and WiFi.  Not sure if their Mesh capability is being utilised at all or partially as my Wifi performance is not what it used to be.  But anyway seems like they still work, and I will probably take up the free replacement offer (not sure if I can find the original receipt or even remember who I bought them from 12 months ago). Still looking to get a device that supports 2.4Ghz Wifi only on the network.

Thanks again - you and TPG Community rock!