TPG Community

Get online support

Can't receive emails

lentakis
Level 2

Good morning,

I have been unable to receive emails through my 365 Outlook account since 4/09/23. I have tried looking at this forum and following advcie but have had no luck.

I have tried calling TPG and that is an absolutely waste of time as nobody answers the phone after being on hold for over 30 mins.

The message I get after attempting the fixes listed in this forum is as follows:

"We couldn't connect to the incoming (POP) server using the specified encryption method. Please check the incoming (POP) server encryption method and try again."

I can access my TPG post office through the tpg site but I shouldn't have to and as a customer of over 30 years, I am disgusted with the poor level of customer service from TPG.

If anyone else can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @lentakis . What settings do you have for the incoming?

Mail server name, port number, encryption method?

What are the options for encryption method?

Noddy54
Level 2
We are having the same issue. Did you find a fix? From what I’ve read it’s related to the new merger to messaging service.
Ahra_G

Hi @Noddy54

If you're using an email client (e.g Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail), please check your settings from this link: https://support.tpg.com.au/email-settings

-Ahra_G

david64
Level 15

Hi @Noddy54 . Has this only been a problem since Thursday 21st? 

After the mail system outage, some older clients couldn't connect because TLS 1.0 and 1.1 were no longer supported.

What mail client and version are you using?