TPG Community

Get online support

Cannot send email on MacBook

schs448
Level 2

The server response was: [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User xx@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse

Since last night I have received this message trying to send emails on my MacBook.  No software changes.  Changed password as suggested, but no joy.  Virus scan negative.

I can send emails using the same account from my iphone, but not from the Mail (version 13.4) account on the laptop.

I can send emails using gmail on my laptop, but not xx@tpg.com.au 

Can you help??

5 REPLIES 5
peter_k

Hi

I would try to reset your password again and then see if you can login to the TPG Postoffice to confirm the password change.

Some info for you if you havent already seen it.

If you can't send email using your Email Client but you can send through our Postoffice, chances are your email address have been blocked from using our SMTP server.

You may get the following error message when sending email.

For MAC: Rejected by the SMTP Server

For Windows: Banned from using SMTP

Our SMTP Server automatically blocks and the Postmaster can manually block email address from sending email using SMTT for security purposes.

Most common issue is when an email address has been compromised and is being used for the following:

• TPG SMTP servers detected that the email address is sending spam emails, virus or malware.
  • TPG SMTP server has detected that your account is sending messages to a large number of recipients; Unsolicited bulk email (UBE) / Unsolicited commercial email (UCE).
  • TPG SMTP Server has detected that your email has been used with a foreign IP Address “overseas”.

You can follow the simple steps below to fix this issue:

Change you TPG account password online: https://www.tpg.com.au/home/myaccount

After changing the password. Wait for 15-30 minutes before sending an email.

If this does not work then get back to me via PM

To learn how to send a private message, click here.  

Regards,

Peter

schs448
Level 2

Thanks, did read all that when I searched, but will change my password again, and try again.

Cheers

Steve

schs448
Level 2

Still no luck - have PM'd

schs448
Level 2

No luck still, and no response to my PM

Cheers

Shane

Hi @schs448,

We're sad to know that you're still having issues with the service. Please re-send me your e-mail address for further investigation.

Regards,

No luck still, and no response to my PM

Cheers