Complain

AAA
Level 2
Level 2
I moved to a new place where there is no nbn internet connection. (New home address: 81 harbour street, haymarket, 2000. I called NBN sales about moving home then the staff told me there is no NBN service. She asked me to wait for a response about this situation. After 3 days, I didn't receive it, then I called again today.

Then one staff member from the cancellation department told me that if I can transfer my current account to the new product, the home wireless one then there's no other cost for me. If I just cancel the service, I still need to pay the cancellation fee. But I noticed the home wireless one is not suitable for my family.  If it is suitable for my family I'm happy to try. So in this situation I have no choice. I'm not personally want to cancel the NBN service.Then I'm definitely not happy to pay the cancellation fees. And I already stayed with TPG around 1 year. Actually I don't know why I still have 8 months plan left. Maybe because of miss communication before I don't know. 

One more thing, befor I start with TPG there was one staff told me that I can move to other place without any cost. Then I choose this company with 1 year lock in contract. But definitely I didn't notice not anywhere that there is TPG internet connection allows. I'm so disappointed with this company not only about the products but also about the customer service. When I told to the staff that I want to talk to customer service department then she was so angry with me. 😂I don't know why you such angry. You can't help me to solve my problem then I need to talk someone else. Then when I talk to the staff in customer service department she told me that I just need to talk to cancellation department. Where can I make a complain please? 

Yes. I just want to complain. A lot. 

A good company who cares about their customers' experience also help them to solve their problems once there is, not only just do one-off business. 
2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @AAA . Go to www.nbnco.com.au and check your address. It shows that your address (an apartment block) is serviced by Opticomm fibre.

Go to www.opticomm.net.au and check your address, this time with your unit number. Expect to see your unit is already connected and there ought to be some device in your unit connecting to the fibre.

You might only need to contact a retail service provider to get internet access. There is a list of providers for each state. Strangely, TPG is not on the list. Maybe TPG don't provide a service via Opticomm. 

You'll have to

Shane

Hi @AAA,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us. I am sad to know that NBN service is not yet available on the new address, unfortunately TPG do not have with the roll out of the NBN service. I will raise this as a complain to our Complaints Resolution Team for investigation and handling. Send me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I moved to a new place where there is no nbn internet connection. (New home address: 81 harbour street, haymarket, 2000. I called NBN sales about moving home then the staff told me there is no NBN service. She asked me to wait for a response about this situation. After 3 days, I didn't receive it, then I called again today. Then one staff member from the cancellation department told me that if I can transfer my current account to the new product, the home wireless one then there's no other cost for me. If I just cancel the service, I still need to pay the cancellation fee. But I noticed the home wireless one is not suitable for my family.  If it is suitable for my family I'm happy to try. So in this situation I have no choice. I'm not personally want to cancel the NBN service.Then I'm definitely not happy to pay the cancellation fees. And I already stayed with TPG around 1 year. Actually I don't know why I still have 8 months plan left. Maybe because of miss communication before I don't know.  One more thing, befor I start with TPG there was one staff told me that I can move to other place without any cost. Then I choose this company with 1 year lock in contract. But definitely I didn't notice not anywhere that there is TPG internet connection allows. I'm so disappointed with this company not only about the products but also about the customer service. When I told to the staff that I want to talk to customer service department then she was so angry with me. 😂I don't know why you such angry. You can't help me to solve my problem then I need to talk someone else. Then when I talk to the staff in customer service department she told me that I just need to talk to cancellation department. Where can I make a complain please?  Yes. I just want to complain. A lot.  A good company who cares about their customers' experience also help them to solve their problems once there is, not only just do one-off business.