TPG Community

Get online support

E-mail Services

strapp
Level 2

I have been a loyal TPG customer for almost 20 years. I am currently travelling and won't be back in Australia until November. My entire digital life is built around TPG e-mail addresses. I only found out by chance that e-mail addresses are being terminated. What sort of customer service is that? They couldn't even notify individual users? Even worse, my main address is at the TPGI.com domain and these are not eligible for transfer to the new provider. What am I supposed to do? I need to change everything. I have no idea when my e-mail address will stop working or how I am going to manage it all while travelling. As soon as I get back to Australia I will be finding a new internet and mobile phone provider. This is simply not acceptable customer service. Any ideas what can be done with the TPGI.com domain to prevent the total loss of my digital identity?

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @strapp ,

Do you have your own email domain hosted by TPG? Let us help check the options that we can do to migrate your emails to TMC. Could you send me a PM with your details?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

strapp
Level 2

No, my e-mail address as supplied by TPG is @tpgi.com.au and is a mirror of @TPG.com.au, while the tpg.com.au can be transferred to the new provider the tpgi.com.au cannot

david64
Level 15

Hi @strapp . The mail server used by "TPG" email addresses is mail.tpg.com.au with ip address 27.32.32.11.

There is also a mail server mail.tpgi.com.au on 27.32.32.11. The same computer.

(You can check the mail server name in your mail client.)

So, there ought to be no problem with TMC accepting one more domain containing "TPGI" addresses.

TPG, iiNet, Internode, and some small systems are all affected. 

strapp
Level 2

Thanks David, I agree but when you try to register a tpgi e-mail it won't accept it. The moderator says it will work automatically. Will just have to wait and see.

Angeli

Hi @strapp

Best to drop us a message and we'll have this matter looked into. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

david64
Level 15

@strapp . I don't believe that.

If you don't receive an email from TMC allowing you to verify your address, then you aren't registered.

You could try to register your address using tpg rather than tpgi.

strapp
Level 2

Yes David - I have idential e-mail addresses except one is tpg and the other tpgi. TMC will register the tpg one but not the tpgi one. Moderator says the tpgi one will work by default. I will wait and see with fingers crossed.