Email issue

RMS1
Level 3

Hi,

A trusted organisation I've been dealing with for over a decade, with a constant email address that has never changed, has recently been trying to send emails to my TPG email address.  Somehow they are being blocked or prevented from getting through to me.  One one occasion they received a bounceback message, but I don't know what the message is.  They have tried to email me again this morning, and it hasn't arrived.  Over the phone I was told they have not received a bounceback.

This is not happening with any other incoming email from anywhere else - so far as I know. Yesterday I logged in to my TPG account and have set up a filter in the mail box especially to allow emails from that email address to pass through to me.  I've also checked the mail box spam and trash folders and they are empty.
The problem with the organisation's outgoing email to my address may be at their end, but they can't see a problem.  They are also not having any problems emailing to anyone else.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
BasilDV

Hi @RMS1

For help with the investigation, our Post Masters will require a copy of the complete bounce back error message from the sender.

You may send the message via PM.

Are you using the Post office or an email client?

BasilDV

RMS1
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have the bounce back message although I have asked for it to be forwarded to me.  I'll ask gain if they still have it.

Normally I don't log in to the TPG post office for web email.  I use Mailwasher on my laptop to alert me to incoming mail and to remove spam and other unwanted email before it gets onto the computer, and then I use Mozilla Thunderbird as email client.  On my Samsung Galaxy phone I use the standard email app, and the standard app on an old iPad.

RMS1
Level 3

I've been sent the bounceback email message, and have PMd a pasted copy of it to you.

Thanks,

RMS1

RMS1
Level 3

I have also PMd you the extra information you requested (full name, user name, phone mumber etc).

RMS1
Level 3

Sending and receiving email addresses PMd on request.

Rica_R

Thanks for sending the needed details @RMS1. We've forwarded the information to our PostMaster and we'll keep you posted once we have an update. 

RMS1
Level 3

Hi,

Do you have an answer yet, as to what is causing the problem, and how it can be fixed?  I have sent you all requested innformation.  At present the organisation I've previously mentioned still cannot send emails to my TPG address, as they are being blocked.  I've worked with this organisation for about the past 15 years, I've had a TPG email address for nearly three years, and have not had this problem until last week.

Thanks,

RMS1

BasilDV

Hi @RMS1

We are still waiting for the response from our Post Masters.

We'll be in touch as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @RMS1

Our Post Masters investigated the error message you've provided and learned that the sender is sending email from an IP address that isn't in their SPF record.

Please advise them to contact their Mail provider admin/support to check their SPF records.

BasilDV