TPG Community

Get online support

Email problems gmail to tpg

sff
Level 3
Level 3

FWIW I got a pm from @BasilDV (because I replied with information he asked for up-thread) saying that this has been raised to the 'escalations team' and they are looking at it.

Megstar
Level 3

Thanks for the update @sff , here's hoping the 'excalations team' sort out things sooner rather than later. This has been so disruptive.

littlegypsy
Level 3

After conversations with four different TPG employees in recent days, I too was told  that the problem would be "escalated". Promised follow-up phone calls about this from TPG yesterday did not happen. I have given up talking to them. Gmail emails still completely blocked or taking up to 2 days to be delivered. Many TPG customers may not be aware of the Gmail emails that are not being delivered. Yesterday I called the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman who said that this was a commercial decision on the part of TPG and the Ombudsman could not intervene. Their only suggestion was to get another non-tpg email address. The disruption resulting if I take this step will be enormous, personally and professionally. TPG do not profit from providing an email service to customers; they make their money from selling NBN and mobile plans. So I can only assume that they are not motivated to resolve this and provide their customers with a professional and reliable email service. My only suggestion is to involve the media. Does anyone have any media contacts?

Megstar
Level 3
I have also had a DM from @BasilDV
I really doubt TPG have any intention in addressing this problem promptly . The least they could do is notify their customers to check spam folders for blocked messages. (That’s if the messages are getting together far)
sff
Level 3
Level 3

I got a call from TPG today: Got the same story about gmail sending a ton of spam so it's not their fault they had to restrict gmail. A little rant from me about the ridiculousness of an ISP banning the largest email provider in the world because they can't effectively manage spam ensued to which the hapless CSR at the other end simply repeated the same line.

Apparently the postmaster and someone from gmail are working on a solution. No idea if they will get there or what the timeframe on any kind of resolution might be.

It seems they HAVE somewhat loosened the restrictions though: The CSR told me emails may now come through but they may be delayed by minutes or hours. I tested this by sending gmail to myself and having a friend whose emails were not arriving do the same: Mine was pretty immediate delivery, theirs took about 20 minutes. I have no idea if the deliver now/deliver soon/deliver later/don't deliver options are random or what. 

I asked if we could get particular gmail addresses whitelisted, to which the answer was no.

I suggested someone from TPG come here and give an official update to which I got a non-answer, which at best means the CSR knows they have no authority to make that happen, at worst it means 'eh suck it'.

BasilDV

Hi All,

The issue with the emails from Gmail accounts should be resolved now.

Our team has made some adjustments and a number of customers confirmed that it is working.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

jennyken
Level 3

Hi Basildv.,

I can confirm it is not working. I have had this problem for weeks, actually pay for my TPG address as after many years(more than 20!) I moved where I could not get TPG ADSL or NBN. It was also impossible to even transition as I have not found a way to have my TPG messages automatically forwarded (does anyone know a way?) such that I can advise 20+ years of contacts of my altered email address! (even Australia Post forward the mail!). Suspect TPG is now too big to care, as their service in the early days was very good. If there are others out there (like me) paying for their address we could again talk to the Ombudsman and/or consumer affairs. Meantime the frustration is palpable.

Megstar
Level 3
Hi
Such a shame you’re still having issues. We are currently able to email TPG addresses (see how long this lasts)
When we transitioned to gmail from tpg emails (we were customers for 15+ years) I put an auto reply and auto forward via the webmail log on (from memory) that redirected the emails and also replied to senders with the new address. We kept the tpg only email for 24 months and we had a pretty good transition.
We moved to Aussie BB for fixed wireless nbn and decided gmail was better than being tied to an ISP for emails. Fixed wireless is not terrific for speeds but AussieBB is awesome for service. so now we’re looking at Starlink.
Good luck.
littlegypsy
Level 3

Gmail emails to my TPG email account continue to be blocked or to be significantly delayed. The delay varies from 10 minutes to 2 days !! This is completely random and unreliable. 

Please advise if TPG is still working on resolving this problem. Or should I set up a new email account with another ISP?

Thank you

jennyken
Level 3

Thanks Megstar I will give this a shot.... then take the long haul, TPG, Ombudsman, Consumer Affairs. I believe if one can get the ombudsman to raise a case it always gets looked at as the telcos pay a fee until the case is closed!... Will let you know... meantime, do TPG monitor the Community issues at all?... Does anyone know...