TPG Community

Get online support

Email problems gmail to tpg

atg
Level 2
Level 2

TPG's answer:

it seems that Gmail servers/IPs were still being rate limited by our email security system due to spamming we are receiving from their IPs or bad IP reputation.

Since Google Mail is free, a number of people are using it for spamming. Which is why a number of IP addresses from Google are flagged with a bad reputation.

Our Post Masters raised this IP issue with Google, but there's been no action on their end.

In this case, senders need to contact their email admin to stop the spamming so that their IPs will have a good reputation and will be able to send emails to TPG email addresses.

I find this thoroughly unsatisfactory... it is a copout.

Other ISPs that honour SPF instructions don't seem to have this issue, plus I just ran the SPF record check which shows all gmail IP blocks to be clean.

This is either laziness or willfull incompetence on TPG's behalf. 

Megstar
Level 3
I think it’s a combination of the 2. TPG have made no real effort on this. It’s not a new issue. This thread goes back some time. Bigpond and Optus receive emails from my gmail with no issues.
wdscm09
Level 2

TPG's email service is outstandingly poor. This warrants senior management attention as it is having a major impact on TPG's reputation. If email services don't work reliably, customers will have strong motivation to move away from TPG.

TPG Filtering based on SPAM management requirements is causing legitimate incoming emails to be lost, to my TPG account and to TPG accounts that I send to.

The worst example of this is TPG's ongoing failure to receive email from Gmail sources, seen for more that a year from late 2021. Please look at the trail of complaints above. I have had no problems sending from my Gmail account to other destinations, only to TPG accounts.

In addition, emails from reliable sources such as NSW Government (eg receipt for my Electrician Licence) have not been delivered to my TPG account.

I have been a TPG customer for decades, have previously recommended TPG to others, and am a TPG shareholder. Please fix your email filtering, as soon as possible, to protect TPG's business.

Shane

Hi @wdscm09 ,

Could you send us a PM with your details to better understand the situation? also send us the error message when sending emails to the TPG email address so we can raise this with our postmaster for investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

TPG's email service is outstandingly poor. This warrants senior management attention as it is having a major impact on TPG's reputation. If email services don't work reliably, customers will have strong motivation to move away from TPG.

TPG Filtering based on SPAM management requirements is causing legitimate incoming emails to be lost, to my TPG account and to TPG accounts that I send to.

The worst example of this is TPG's ongoing failure to receive email from Gmail sources, seen for more that a year from late 2021. Please look at the trail of complaints above. I have had no problems sending from my Gmail account to other destinations, only to TPG accounts.

In addition, emails from reliable sources such as NSW Government (eg receipt for my Electrician Licence) have not been delivered to my TPG account.

I have been a TPG customer for decades, have previously recommended TPG to others, and am a TPG shareholder. Please fix your email filtering, as soon as possible, to protect TPG's business.