TPG Community

Get online support

Help regarding Spoofing Scam

SOLVED Go to solution
Emm
Level 2
Level 2

Hi there, Today i was contacted by someone who advised that they receieved a call from my number, when i did not call them. I believe I have been a victim of Spoofing and have been advised to contact my service provider. I am unable to find an email to email thins through, i am also unable to call through, with wait times over an hour. Can you please advise what needs to happen in this situation as I am concerned for myself and others with TPG to receieve such scams? Any help would be super appreciated about the steps and protection you guys are taking to stop this from happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Emm

In today’s technology, scammers can easily do their job by simply spoofing someone's phone number and disguising the number they are calling from by changing the caller ID.

We recommend checking out this article on how to handle these scam calls/SMS/emails:

Tips on How to Protect Yourself from Scams, Spam Email, Call and SMS

Let us know should you require further assistance.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Emm

In today’s technology, scammers can easily do their job by simply spoofing someone's phone number and disguising the number they are calling from by changing the caller ID.

We recommend checking out this article on how to handle these scam calls/SMS/emails:

Tips on How to Protect Yourself from Scams, Spam Email, Call and SMS

Let us know should you require further assistance.