TPG Community

Get online support

How to use my old website - need directions.

SOLVED Go to solution
book1852
Level 3

Hello

I havent used my TPG website for about 18 years. I need to set up another site soon. It looks familiar but I have forgotten a lot about using it. I signed in and the index page came up so it appears to be working. I need to use it for another purpose.

What do I need please?

Platform. I have still got a website programme that is still working - Frontpage. It will suffice at the moment.It is very old. Do I actually need to use a website prrogramme?

I have a  sister site on my PC and I use Frontpage with a different website host. It is not active as a business.  I  am using it for another purpose.

I think I may have set it up at TPG to keep it safe. Goodness knows why. Maybe because I could access it remotely and it is easier than using other tools.

Question: Is there a link that shows me how to use this TPG site please? 

I saw a post that suggests I may have trouble with NBN. Isthis true.

kind regards

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @book1852 . Your user web site is accessed by My Account, Manage your Website Files. Gives basic file management of files and directories. 30 MB limit.

Use Frontpage on your pc to create the HTML documents and upload them.

The web site facility is only available to users changing from ADSL.

Have a look through this thread:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Website-and-domain-name-hosting-with-every-accoun...

The only problem is that TPG residential plans have a dynamic ip address; it changes from time to time. You need to configure Dynamic DNS function in the router. The router will update the DDNS provider with your web site's ip address when it changes. Depending on your router, you could use Dyndns or NO-IP.

View solution in original post

david64
Level 15
book1852
Level 3

Hello

Thank you for your reply

However what is <You need to configure Dynamic DNS function in the router. The router will update the DDNS provider with your web site's ip address when it changes.>

Sorry, I dont understnd this. What do I neeed to do?

david64
Level 15

Hi @book1852 . My mistake. When you said "access remotely", I thought of your web site being at home, but it's at TPG, so DDNS is irrelevant.

8 REPLIES 8
david64
Level 15

Hi @book1852 . Your user web site is accessed by My Account, Manage your Website Files. Gives basic file management of files and directories. 30 MB limit.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Website-and-domain-name-hosting-with-every-accoun...

The only problem is that TPG residential plans have a dynamic ip address; it changes from time to time. You need to configure Dynamic DNS function in the router. The router will update the DDNS provider with your web site's ip address when it changes. Depending on your router, you could use Dyndns or NO-IP.

david64
Level 15

book1852
Level 3

Hello

Thank you for your reply

However what is <You need to configure Dynamic DNS function in the router. The router will update the DDNS provider with your web site's ip address when it changes.>

Sorry, I dont understnd this. What do I neeed to do?

david64
Level 15

Hi @book1852 . My mistake. When you said "access remotely", I thought of your web site being at home, but it's at TPG, so DDNS is irrelevant.

book1852
Level 3

@david64 wrote:

Hello David

Thank you.

I have been trying to get into the site since you asswered my topic. It has been a nightmare.

I acknowledge whatr you said below.  So my website looks ok. I will be using it soon

Thank you for you help will have to change the userame!!

book1852
Level 3

Yes thanks  David.

I am good

book1852
Level 3

Yes thanks David. Got it

book1852
Level 3

Sorry I seem ro have a lot of these

Thank you again