TPG Community

Get online support

I lost the Broadband Internet and Home Phone connection (the Bundle)

gamini01
Level 2

Hi To the TPG Community Problem Solving

The premises lost the Internet and Home phone connection around 9.00am on 26th September 2020. TPG advised me at around 10.50am re anoutage in our area and that NBN CO is attemting to resolve this outage. Around 11.50am TPG reaffirmed by message that the problem is being still attended to and once it is resolved that TPG will inform me.

The problem was resolved only on the morning of 28 September. I have lost the Internet and Home Phone facilities for two days. Especially due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the hoseholds rely so much on the Internet and phone especially for viewing streaming facilities such as Netflix, Youtube, Stan etc. That's the only social coherence that we enjoy these days. Also, I have been doing some voluntary work using the Internet and the last two days put a stop to my social network completely. 

As a result of this outage of Internet and Home Phone facilities, we had to encounter some strain and inconvenience. We would request TPG to compensate this loss of service for 2 days from 26 September to 28 September and allow us credit to the tune of at leaset $30.00 from our monthly bill.

I have been a long standing TPG client for over 15 years and was quite pleased with your service over the past. Switching over to Broadband last year, I was offered many competitive deals by your competitors namely Optus, Telstra and the likes. However, I chose to remain with TPG. 

Please compensate for the loss of service as stipulated above.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @gamini01 

We've edited your post as it contains your account details.

Please avoid posting any account information on a public thread as it may compromise your security.

We'll assess the case and provide you updates once available.

BasilDV