TPG Community

Get online support

Mobile phone for account security. What if I haven't got a mobile phone?

hawkeyenic
Level 3

TPG are wanting to use a mobile phone number for a more secure way to log into my account. What if I don't have a mobile phone?

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

That's a good question, @hawkeyenic.

We'd like assess the situation and seek for a proper resolution.

Could you send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to make sure that we are working on the correct one?

BasilDV

rygle
Level 3
You could use a Two Factor Authentication app on your computer, if TPG decided to support this method, which is actually far more secure than SMS and works overseas. One such app is called Authy and works on Windows, Mac, Linux, as well as iPhone/iPad and Android if you have a tablet. See https://authy.com/

See also https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/TPG-Community-Feedback/Multi-Factor-Authentication-options/m-p/11836... where there has been some discussion around this issue.
MarRover2
Level 3

Hello,

I was speaking with my cousin who has a TPG Internet account and discovered that her Australian mobile phone number (pre-paid service) has expired for several months now due to COVID interruption.

So can someone advise me the steps for her to regain access to the TPG account when needed? I (also a TPG account holder) am an authorised user of her account. They are currently overseas.

Thanks.

Rover

Misaelsa
Level 3

@hawkeyenic LTD Commodities Catalog Online wrote:

TPG are wanting to use a mobile phone number for a more secure way to log into my account. What if I don't have a mobile phone?

I'm especially stayed aware of the article and I will get many benefits from it. Subsequently, thank you for sharing it.

ehsansim9304
Level 2
Me too please:
This happened to me as well:
I have transferred my number to tpg 2 days ago but the eSim profile on my mobile deleted accidentally and I cannot use my own number which I asked to kept the number but now I lost the eSim snd no one answering me.
I have sent the ID verification email as well but not heard back.

Please help me as I need my number and I am using this number 0492***594 just meanwhile if you needed contacted me.

My main number disconnected is 0477***256
Aubrey

Hi @ehsansim9304, we've responded to your other post and we're keen to sort this out. We'll be waiting for your details.

Thanks! 

ehsansim9304
Level 2