TPG Community

Get online support

NBN Fibre Extention

Drewboy
Level 2

Does anyone know whether TPG is working with the NBN on what suburbs are getting the FTTN to fibre extention? My FTTN connection really does suck. Going from FTTB to this is like going back 100 years. 

2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @Drewboy, we are sorry to know that you are having issues with the service and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. We'd like to check the status of your service and help get to the bottom of this.

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Shane

Hi @Drewboy,

The NBN is the National Broadband Network that is currently being rolled out around the country by the Australian Government. Unfortunately, there's no way of getting around this, as everyone will have to move over eventually as all copper lines will soon be decommissioned. 

Please be advised that NBN rollout depends on the technology available in your area and its availability per houses, as well as streets will also depend on NBN Co and TPG do not have control over this.

Here is some thread that you may find helpful, Can i choose which NBN technology is installed at my house?

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Does anyone know whether TPG is working with the NBN on what suburbs are getting the FTTN to fibre extention? My FTTN connection really does suck. Going from FTTB to this is like going back 100 years.