TPG Community

Get online support

NBN connection drop outs and constant public IP resets

dchisanga05
Level 2

I know that with the residential NBN we don't get static IPs as we used to on the ADLS2 connection. I have noticed, however, that the dynamic IPs on my NBN keep on resetting every couple of minutes which in turn drops and resets every external connection I have running on my computer. This is making working remotely difficult as we constantly have to reconnect every so often.  What is the best way of dealing with this?

7 REPLIES 7
RajenS

Hi @dchisanga05 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.

kind regards

Ken-C

dchisanga05
Level 2

Hi @RajenS 

CID is 5028461

RajenS

Hi @dchisanga05 

looking at your account now 

Thanks 
Rajen 

RajenS

Hi @dchisanga05 

Best way to have a static connection,
use one of these provider's free account, apply into the router (most of the routers do have an option for it )
or download the software into PC,
you don't need to worry about dynamic IP anymore,
currently, I am using noip.com for my webservers 

Hope this will solve your issue, feel free to send a Pm if you have other concern

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-best-dynamic-dns-providers-can-lookup-free-today/

Thanks 
Rajen 

dchisanga05
Level 2

Thanks, @RajenS  for this, I do have one a DDNS setup already. 

My issue is with connecting to the outside, for instance, I would have a VPN connection to my office running on my PC then there is this dropout that happens so often that the VPN connection does down with the dropout and I have to wait for an internet connection to come back before connecting back my VPN. My connection stays on a max of 15minutes before dropping out again.

RajenS
Hi
Yes understand now, I am away from my Table, I am sure I can help with your issue by tmrw morning

Thanks
Rajen (from mobile)