TPG Community

gmasma
Level 4

Seems the grandiose title of TPG Community gets me no where responsewise.

TPG Chariot webmail now goes kaput but TPG followers don't seem to be at all concerned!

Probably this comment won't appear any where either, just like my others on this subject?

TPG, the 2nd largest telecommunication outfit in Australia isn't concerned about the little guy when they now screw up following their recent "502 Bad Gateway" experience . Told due to 'out of date servers' if we can believe that. Could buy some 'up to date' ones given their strong market position?

Why do I bother?

Cheers, Grahame

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @gmasma . The chariot.net.au domain points to a TPG mail server: asav.tpg.com.au.

The mail server  mail.chariot.net.au  is 27.32.32.11 which is same as  mail.tpg.com.au  (the normal TPG address for mail clients). Looks like TPG is absorbing the chariot mail into itself. This will be ok except for those cases where the chariot username matches an existing TPG username. While all email addresses are unique, the first part of the address might not be. Unless TPG took steps when vetting email addresses of new users to prevent duplicates.

gmasma
Level 4

Thanks David,

So emails to Chariot gmasma@etc will not be 'absorbed' into tpg gmasma@ etc?

Seems like Chariot have a lot to answer for given my inbox is seriously over capacity and all my sent emails are unobtainable, but they don't reply or offer solutions.

Come on TPG, I pay you $65 pm and you own Chariot so stir them into looking after their customers!

Grahame

david64
Level 15

@gmasma . Is the web interface to Chariot available now?  Are you seeing recent emails now?

Do you use a mail client to access your Chariot Inbox?  Is it a POP3 mail account?

A mail client downloads mail to your computer and lets you keep them permanently. The client also has its own Sent box, Spam box, etc. Client can also be set to delete mail items from the mail server at certain times.

gmasma
Level 4

Hi David64,

I continue to receive emails at vic.chariot.net.au but the TPG Chariot inbox is now at 200% capacity because the delete function is inoperative, with no advice from Chariot as to if( or when) they will fix it. Totally unresponsive!

Also Chariot have lost all my sent emails and don't seem capable of finding a remedy for that either since their '502 Bad Gateway' screw up last month

Cheers, Grahame