TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Terrible Service

dartagnan
Level 2

After four days waiting for a simple plan change request with no-one able to give me an update as to when it would be completed, I was changed to a plan that I didn't request with a quarter of the speed I asked for. They were then unable to change me to the plan I'd actually asked for since the system was still processing the last change. I called after receiving the email notification that the change was complete to now have it changed to the right plan and was advised that even though I'd been notified that the change was complete, it actually wasn't and they couldn't change the plan.

This was already unsatisfactory enough to begin with but it seems TPG technicians couldn't even get the plan change right anyway as the packet loss I experienced after the change was so bad as to render the internet unusable. I would have actually been better off if the speed had never been changed and I remained on my original plan because at least that connection was stable.

In order to get a working connection, I signed up with Aussie Broadband at around 3am and my new connection was up and running with the speed I requested by 9am (on a public holiday). As this connection was fast and stable, I know that my packet loss was clearly the fault of TPG and not NBN or my own equipment.

I requested cancellation of my service and a refund of the remaining pre-paid period due to the complete lack of service received and after they agreed to waive the charges, they added another 30 day notice charge and credited it without actually refunding the unused balance from my prepayment. I sent two follow-up emails to my case manager which have been ignored.

I have been a TPG customer for 10 years and I'm quite disappointed with how bad the service has become for even routine technical issues. I'm extremely dissatisfied with their service and would recommend prospective customers stay well away, there are many better ISPs to choose from.

1 REPLY 1
Ahra_G

Hi @dartagnan

We welcome all feedback as hearing from our customers is the best way we can improve our business. Learning about your recent experience is not something that we take pride in as this is not the type of service we aim to provide. 

We can see that you have already requested to disconnect your service. If there is anything that we can assist you with during your transition, do let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G