TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to add tpg acount on android with outlook

SOLVED Go to solution
Gregory10
Level 3

Hello

I have a samsung A42 android moble with latest Outlook, I have tried everything I can find in community to add my email account, everything fails. Does anybody know how to add account. I have tried different ports with and without SSL/TLS selected, there is no option for pops3.

I want to be able to sync my phone with my computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@Gregory10 . I meant to add that you should call Samsung or Microsoft support regarding why you have to enter Office 365 details after each error message.

You could also try setting up a slave email address via My Account. There shouldn't be any confusion at either end about what the password is. Don't know how long it takes the system to activate a slave address.

Then see how the Android device goes with the new address.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

Hi @Gregory10 . Is there an error message when you try to add your account?

For sending, port is 587 with security NONE or STARTTLS, or port 465 with security SSL/TLS.

For receiving, port is 110 with security NONE or STARTTLS, or port 995 with security SSL/TLS.

There might not be anything that actually says POP3. Outlook might determine that by the port number. 

Synching between your devices might be another issue.

Gregory10
Level 3

Hello David64

I tried  sending port 587 with security none, receiving port 110 security none, and got this message “Log-in Error, Please check your email and password and try again” I have checked my email and password are correct.

I tried sending port 465 with security SSL/TLS, receiving port 995 with security SSL/TLS, and got this message “ Log-in Error, The connection to your email server timed out. Please check your email settings”. I have recheck all setting and tried again with same message.

Regards Greg

david64
Level 15

@Gregory10 . Mail server is   mail.tpg.com.au    for send and receive.

Can you check your username and password by logging in to My Account and Post Office (webmail).

Where you put your username in Outlook, can you try it with and without   tpg.com.au   .

There should be an option in Outlook to use same settings for send and receive.

Your password should be sent as plain text option.

Outlook has an option for detailed logging. There are Microsoft articles on how to start and stop it and the location of the logging files. The SMTP log file should have most useful info.

Gregory10
Level 3

Hi David

I tried the options with and without email login with tpg.com.au. I also tried all port numbers with combinations using SSL/TLS, StartTls and None. I recieved the same error messages as before.

I double checked my password and rechecked all details I entered, end up with same messages. I cannot check log detail as this option is not avaliable when entering login details. One point is after each error message I need to enter my microsoft 365 details and password again.

regards

Greg

david64
Level 15

Don't mix and match the port and security combinations.
david64
Level 15

@Gregory10 . I meant to add that you should call Samsung or Microsoft support regarding why you have to enter Office 365 details after each error message.

You could also try setting up a slave email address via My Account. There shouldn't be any confusion at either end about what the password is. Don't know how long it takes the system to activate a slave address.

Then see how the Android device goes with the new address.

Gregory10
Level 3

Hi David

I tried to set up a slave email address the phone took me to a different set up but failed with the same error message. So I tried to set up my normal email address through this other set up and the systems  accepted my email address.

Thanking you for your assistance. All OK

Regards Greg