TPG Community

Get online support

Unexpected Latency Xbox

CodyRay
Level 2
Hello,
I was hoping someone could help me,
i never had an issue with bad ping or latency until recently. it’s to the point i disconnect from any game almost instantly, making it impossible to play anything. very frustrating when i call the service line they aren’t much help. been with tpg for years never had this issue until now. i’ve restarted the router multiple times with no improvement. any help would be appreciated, thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @CodyRay

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that you've been in touch with our Tech team.

The case has been tagged as resolved.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

dasfox
Level 2

Im having the same issue. Just started using the xbox again, after many years though, and my latency is unplayable. I use the same cable in my computer with a ookla latency of 8ms I then plug it into my xbox and test again and get 150ms. Can this be fixed? I found the UPnP setting in the router and tried portfowarding to 3074. can't be sure I did the port forwarding right as nothing has changed at the xbox.

Any help appreciated.

BasilDV

Hi @dasfox

Welcome to the Community!

If you received a passing test result with your computer, then you may check if there's any background apps working on your Xbox.

You may also compare the connection via LAN and WiFi.

If the issue persists, please contact Xbox support first to check on this further.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV