My NBN runs at around 40mbps for general browsing and usage whihc is fine. However when I download a game on Xbox live it downloads at a speed of 500kbps to 2mbps. Yes, KBPS.... I do a speed test and it comes back around 40mbps yet I watch the xbox download at 500kbps. I have 2 xbox's and 3 TV's. I have tried both Xbox's on all 3 TV's and always have the same outcome. Slow as heck and not acceptable. I never had any of these problems with my previous provider. I even went out and spent $200 on a netgear modem thinking it was the stock TPG modeme that was the problem but the speeds are much the same.
Why is this happening?
How do we go about taking this further?
Does anyone think the ACCC will help? Sureley this can't be legal. Its not like they are telling everyone that signs up that certain services will be unavailable, or borderline useless on their service. They sign you up to a contract and you cant go elsewhere.
I know you guys may think it's being throttled or shapped but I don't think it is. That was the first question I asked of their Engineers when I got the problem. Thay said No to both
As stated in my previous message it is a server in the server center that is the problem.
If you know how to do a tracert from a command prompt on a PC to "assets1.xboxlive.com" you will find one server is timing out and is probably the cause of the issue.
If you guys want to try this tracert and don't know how to do one. Reply to this message and I will post instructions.
I had a message I edited and now have lost about this problem.
Anyway to sum it up as it was long.
I am pretty sure I have the solution to this. I have had this problem for over a month.
I have sent screenshots of trace routes to "assets.xboxlive.com" that show a AAPT server is the issue. AAPT and TPG are the same company from my investigation. I have sent 5 messages in the past 3 days but it look like due to the COVIC-19 changes no-one is checking the email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org support accounts. I have a Support Ticket No: 59111187 regarding this and have already spent a ridiculous amount of time on this with TPG and even working with Microsoft Engineers to get this resolved. TPG have also spent a lot of time on this but up until 3days ago I didn't know what server the Xbox was trying to get to.
With this information I have been able to find a problem in testing. But surely TPG has had this problem logged by all of you also and is seeing a patern and should have followed this up further. They are very much to blame also for not putting 2 and 2 together.
Anyway when someone finally sees my messages and the data I have provided I hope the problem will be fixed. As I am sure I am on the right track.