Just joined community - have been a TPG customer for 30 years.
PROBLEM - Have phoned TPG 4 or 5 times over the past month and they cannot find the cause of issue.
ISSUE - cannot SEND EMAIL FROM IPHONE
When trying to send email I get the following message -
CANNOT SEND MAIL
The server rejected one of the recipients addresses. This message has been placed in your outbox.
Misc Info -
-TPG imap a/c
-iphone SE2 with latest ios 15 installed
- icloud email works OK
-* last call to TPG a very rude lady said it was a Apple issue.
-I have taken phone to Apple store and could not find any problems with Iphone.
-Apple deleted TPG email a/c and reinstalled a/c but no difference.
- Can RECEIVE EMAIL on iphone.
- TPG postoffice OK - can send and receive.
- TPG have checked and rechecked all incoming & outgoing settings and said correct.
Can ANYONE SUGGEST - What I should do Next?
Thanks for the quick reply.
- Tried sending to both single and multiply addresses. (checked and rechecked details correct). Always receive the same error message.
- Error message - exactly word for word as written in original post
@Kevinpr07 . If the iphone mail app had detailed logging, you might get more info, but it looks as though it doesn't.
Do you have a computer with a mail client? It might have logging.
Read through this article. It has commands you use via telnet but you need the imap port, same port as set in iphone for sending. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/460075
Or, send email to email@example.com detailing the problem. Include the faulty email address and date/time of occurrence.