Archer C1200 v1.0

1anandj112
Level 2

Hi, can i please get the latest firmware for modem Archer C1200 v1.0, 1.0.0 Build 20180208 rel.59779 (EU)? CPU usage repeatedly gets up to 100% and I struggle with day to day browsing even when connected via ethernet. I have only had this service 4 days. Username 1anandj112@tpg.com.au thanks

9 REPLIES 9
David_M

Hi @1anandj112 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @1anandj112 

You already have the latest firmware for that model.

NBN-FTTP: C1200
Software version: 1.0.0 Build 20180208 rel.59779

Thanks,

1anandj112
Level 2

I have the app. When i go to test speed. It says "we are unable to detect your internet connection". At different times of the day, i get speedtest up to 10mbs which is fine, but half the time, i can't browse and have to disable my onedrive syncing, just to be able to open gmail. 

1anandj112
Level 2

OK. Maybe it's just the lower speed plan . I'll try my old tpg modem and see if it makes a difference. 

BasilDV

Hi @1anandj112

Your onedrive that is connected is possibly consuming the upload bandwidth of your NBN service.

If you are under the NBN12/1 speed tier, then it is possible that the 1Mbps allocated speed of your upload is being used by your onedrive.

You may need to control your upload activity or upgrade your speed to the next plan which is the NBN50 speed tier.

BasilDV

1anandj112
Level 2

The speed is random with or without Onedrive running. Still can't work out why the mode CPU gets up to 100% (or there abouts) usage repeatedly/regulary. 

Shane

Hi @1anandj112,

I ran an initial test to the service it shows no line fault and the service is getting a passing speed on the line. If you experience random speed fluctuation with the service we recommend to run a speed test and get a screen shot for reference. 

Also in the event that the affected devices are mostly connected via Wi-Fi the speed issue you experience could be caused by Wireless Interference if this is the case we did an article that you may find helpful. Please see links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

1anandj112
Level 2

So nothing to do with the high modem CPU usage (pic attached again) ? Here, there are others with similar complaints with the modem, each with different fixes. None of which are relevant is solving my issues. I have 2 x wired and 2 x wireless devices connected. No usb or media devices. https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/102619

Shane

Thanks for the additional details. We will raise this to our Technical Team for further test and investigation, PM us your best contact number and preferred time we'll have them contact you.

So nothing to do with the high modem CPU usage (pic attached again) ? Here, there are others with similar complaints with the modem, each with different fixes. None of which are relevant is solving my issues. I have 2 x wired and 2 x wireless devices connected. No usb or media devices. https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/102619