TPG Community

Get online support

FTTB - Apartment Tower Building Missing

SOLVED Go to solution
arobs
Level 2

Hi All!

I have a tricky one and need some advice.

12 months ago I moved into an apartment (Building A - Street X) in West Perth. As NBN is a while away from being available in this area I signed up for ADSL with another provider. When the technician was connecting up the service he commented and showed me the TPG FTTB box active in the MDF room which inside the main apartment tower (Building B - Street Y).

Building A - No FTTB Available

Building B - FTTB Available

These building are connected with the same strata and comms room, but they have different street frontages. I tried to explain to TPG that it is the same complex and all the comms run out of the same MDF room but my issue was never resolved as on their system it is not available from my address.

It looks like when the TPG installed the FTTB to the complex they forgot to activate Building A.

Any ideas on how I can raise this issue with TPG? I went through the process about 11 months ago and it didn't go anywhere, is there a better contact than the customer service?

Thanks!

Andy2.jpg1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
arobs
Level 2

Just an update on how quickly this was sorted.

Tuesday - Posted issue to forum.

Wednesday - Technician visited apartment building.

Friday - TPG website updated and I have already applied for a new connection.

Thanks to Manuel & BasilDV for sorting this out so fast!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @arobs,

Welcome to TPG community!

We'd like to look into this further. Please send us a private message of your complete home address and let's see what we can do.

Cheers!

arobs
Level 2

@BasilDV

Thank you for getting back to me. PM sent.

BasilDV

Hi @arobs,

PM received. Thank you so much. I'll get back to you once update is available.

Cheers!

arobs
Level 2

Just an update on how quickly this was sorted.

Tuesday - Posted issue to forum.

Wednesday - Technician visited apartment building.

Friday - TPG website updated and I have already applied for a new connection.

Thanks to Manuel & BasilDV for sorting this out so fast!

Manuel
Community Manager

No worries at all @arobs, It was our pleasure to help you out and get your service connected.

I can see that you are now connected and experiencing great speeds on our TPG FTTB product.

Just reposting your speedtest here for all to see.

Capture.PNG

Tn_1888
Level 2

Hi @Manuel @BasilDV 

I'm having the same issue in my apartment I want to connect to TPG but eveytime I call they say I dont have fttb I only have fttn. However as pictured above we have the TPG krone and the large jesus box in the building.

The Nbn tech who has been out numerous times to rectify my problems with my current provider has stated that I have TPG fttb and I should connect to it.

Is it possible to get some assistance.

Ahra_G

Hi @Tn_1888

Our FTTB service does not rely on NBN Infrastructure and it is only available in selected buildings and will depend on the agreement between the building administrators and our project managers. 

Let us have your complete address via private message so we can check the availability in your area. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G