TPG Community

Get online support

FTTB frequent dropouts every 20-30 mins

SOLVED Go to solution
mamradovan
Level 2

Hi,

I'm getting very frequent drop outs in our area for my FTTB connection that its impacting my ability to work (I'm still working from home). It just seems to die off (all the lights on the modem turns off) and after approx 3-5 mins it reconnects and works fine randomly for 20mins-30 mins, and then repeats the cycle. I initially thought it could be the modem, but I switched it to my extra one and its doing the same. Worked perfectly fine for the last few years but started acting up last week.

So far I've done the following, does anyone have any suggestions ?

• replaced the modem (I got two HG659)
  • reset the modem for like 20 times now
  • Check line status looks ok
  • checked outage status, don't see any in my area

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mamradovan
Level 2
Hey Shane,

Its been stable for the whole day so reckon its a case of a dying power adaptor. Thanks for hearing me out.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @mamradovan 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and noticed the connection drop outs.

Based on your post, all of the lights on your modem turns off (will assume that even the power light is off). If the 2nd modem also experience the same issue.

Did you try to connect the modem/route to another power outlet? Is it directly connected to the power outlet or you are using an extension? Are you using only one power adapter for the 2 modem/router or you have 1 for each?

Currently, we can't detect any fault within the FTTB network as we've tested the line.

BasilDV

mamradovan
Level 2

Thanks for the response.

I tried switching to another power outlet but doesnt help, however I did notice the power adapter seems very warm than usual so I tried using the spare power adapter and monitoring it for now. Initially I just connected the secondary modem using the same power adapter.

I did suspect it might be modem or power related as all the lights were switching off. I'll monitor it for awhile, worst case might need a new modem.

Shane

Hi @mamradovan,

Thanks for the additional details. Do not hesitate to update this thread for any changes with the status of the modem/router.

Cheers!

Thanks for the response.

I tried switching to another power outlet but doesnt help, however I did notice the power adapter seems very warm than usual so I tried using the spare power adapter and monitoring it for now. Initially I just connected the secondary modem using the same power adapter.

I did suspect it might be modem or power related as all the lights were switching off. I'll monitor it for awhile, worst case might need a new modem.

mamradovan
Level 2
Hey Shane,

Its been stable for the whole day so reckon its a case of a dying power adaptor. Thanks for hearing me out.