TPG Community

Get online support

FTTB installation not working - extremely frustrating customer service

SOLVED Go to solution
richards1109
Level 2

Hi, I received a text saying the connection is active but online it says it is not...I can't use the app as it says my phone is not compatible.  I have been on hold on the phone for over ONE AND A HALF HOURS!!!! trying to get onto customer service.

Like the other poster, I am completely frustrated with this - we are charged from the day of ordering for a connection that doesn't work, and even the installation brochure says the connection can take UP TO 30 DAYS.  This should be outlined at the point of purchase, as I would have not wanted to wait up to 30 days for an internet connection and would have gone with another provider.

Please advise if my connection is actually active as the text said, or if I am wasting my time waiting for the connection to become active.  A clear estimate of expected timeframe for connection would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
richards1109
Level 2

As an update, an NBN tech was sent to my home the next day and resolved the issue, although it did take him around an hour to do so.  I am happy to now have internet, however please note:

- my first call to customer service was left unanswered, after 1 hour and 55 mins on hold

- the lodging of this complaint on this forum saw no resolution, even though the moderator said that a fault had been lodged...I had not been contacted and so called customer service again the next day to follow up, and no action towards resolution of the fault had been taken

- my second call to customer service was a better result, with the tech actually testing the line to establish that she could see there was no modem response, even though it said the internet connection was active.  At least this call resulted in the NBN tech appointment being set up to come to my home.

So for any other customers trying to resolve a fault, I suggest persisting calling customer service if you are unable to use the app.  TPG's app developers should be aware that many phones' updates have rendered the app inoperable.  At least the second time I called customer service I was only on hold for 8 minutes, not nearly 2 hours!  Don't give up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
johnp

Hi

please send me through private message your username , customer account number or mobile number and i will check.

John

johnp

Hi

Please confirm you have installed your modem correct as per link..

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Fibre-to-the-Node-Building-NBN-FTTN-FTTB-Setup-Gu...

John

richards1109
Level 2

Yes, everything is connected properly.

richards1109
Level 2

As an update, an NBN tech was sent to my home the next day and resolved the issue, although it did take him around an hour to do so.  I am happy to now have internet, however please note:

- my first call to customer service was left unanswered, after 1 hour and 55 mins on hold

- the lodging of this complaint on this forum saw no resolution, even though the moderator said that a fault had been lodged...I had not been contacted and so called customer service again the next day to follow up, and no action towards resolution of the fault had been taken

- my second call to customer service was a better result, with the tech actually testing the line to establish that she could see there was no modem response, even though it said the internet connection was active.  At least this call resulted in the NBN tech appointment being set up to come to my home.

So for any other customers trying to resolve a fault, I suggest persisting calling customer service if you are unable to use the app.  TPG's app developers should be aware that many phones' updates have rendered the app inoperable.  At least the second time I called customer service I was only on hold for 8 minutes, not nearly 2 hours!  Don't give up!