FTTB installation

SOLVED Go to solution
kyap
Level 2

I signed up for FFTB (Sydney) on 6 September. I was subsequently advised that there has been a delay and that there is no spare port at my building. I got another follow up call saying that the status has not changed, but that I was on the "list" to get the next port. I know that it could take between 10-20 business days for the installation process but I never expect to be approaching 20 days, and still nothing. I was pretty excited at the prospect of installing the TPG FTTB product, but my interest is starting to wane. It is ridiculous that I still have not been advised of my status; whether a new port will be available; is TPG going to install more ports at the building or do I have to wait until someone cancels; the timing/extra delay that it will take etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarN

Hi kyap,

Modem order will be processed once it is confirmed that the TPG FTTB can be installed in a particular unit since the modem will be sitting unused for weeks or months if there is no port available to install the service. Glad to know you will soon be connected to our own FTTB service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarN

Hi kyap,

The ports of the TPG FFTB equipment installed in your building are fully subscribed. The service in your unit can be installed once a service in another unit is disconnected. Additional equipment may be installed depending on demand for the service in your building, availability of space at the MDF room and other factors. There is no timetable when and if this will be done by FTTB Wholesale.

I suggest you subscribe first to another TPG internet service (ADSL2+ or NBN) so you can just change plans once the TPG FTTB service becomes available.

kyap
Level 2

Thanks MarN. Received a call yesterday advising that a port has been allocated for me and it should all be ready to go. However, she was mystified as to why I have not received notification of the modem being sent out yet and was going to check. This conflicting advice does not fill me with much confidence of a resolution on the installation process. If I have to wait for FTTB as you suggested, I might just stick with my existing service provider (not TPG).

MarN

Hi kyap,

Modem order will be processed once it is confirmed that the TPG FTTB can be installed in a particular unit since the modem will be sitting unused for weeks or months if there is no port available to install the service. Glad to know you will soon be connected to our own FTTB service.