TPG Community

Get online support

FTTB performance issues sees upload speed drop to below 1Mbps

Jifcliff
Level 2

Hi team,

I work from home and am constantly on Zoom calls (so all I need is 3Mbps upload/download).

About three times a week I see dropouts where I cannot make calls.

I hotspot off my phone - not what I pay for

I have been on calls to TPG support. FTTB means I cannot log the fault, but must report it. 1 hour on the phone (waiting) sure makes me unsympathetic to 'unable to help' responses.

I am tired of the script

- are you using WiFi - try hard-wired connection (apartment is hard wired)

- reboot the device

- reboot the modem

I do this before I call - but do it on request.

I have done 'factory reset'

1st level support says there are no issues with the TPG box in MDF.

Suggestion is to buy a new modem because mine is OLD (3 years).

Issues

- speed drops to below 1Mbps during working day and at about 1AM in the morning

- sometimes, even SpeedTest cannot ping its own server

- other people in the building report speed issues

I rely on a stable internet connection for work, communication, and various online services. The lack of connectivity is causing me not only inconvenience and embrassment. I tell my employer that I am using TPG and they cannot resolve the matter.

I kindly request an urgent follow-up and resolution of this issue. It is my hope that your technical team can diagnose and fix this problem promptly.

If necessary, please dispatch a technician to my location to assess and rectify the situation.

I understand that technical issues can arise, and I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @Jifcliff ,

Let us take this opportunity to understand what is causing speed issues and see how we can rectify them.

First, let us grab your details. Could you ping me a message with your account information?

How to send a PM? 

Hi team,

I work from home and am constantly on Zoom calls (so all I need is 3Mbps upload/download).

About three times a week I see dropouts where I cannot make calls.

I hotspot off my phone - not what I pay for

I have been on calls to TPG support. FTTB means I cannot log the fault, but must report it. 1 hour on the phone (waiting) sure makes me unsympathetic to 'unable to help' responses.

I am tired of the script

- are you using WiFi - try hard-wired connection (apartment is hard wired)

- reboot the device

- reboot the modem

I do this before I call - but do it on request.

I have done 'factory reset'

1st level support says there are no issues with the TPG box in MDF.

Suggestion is to buy a new modem because mine is OLD (3 years).

Issues

- speed drops to below 1Mbps during working day and at about 1AM in the morning

- sometimes, even SpeedTest cannot ping its own server

- other people in the building report speed issues

I rely on a stable internet connection for work, communication, and various online services. The lack of connectivity is causing me not only inconvenience and embrassment. I tell my employer that I am using TPG and they cannot resolve the matter.

I kindly request an urgent follow-up and resolution of this issue. It is my hope that your technical team can diagnose and fix this problem promptly.

If necessary, please dispatch a technician to my location to assess and rectify the situation.

I understand that technical issues can arise, and I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you