Fibre To Building Check Up

SOLVED Go to solution
nagra
Level 2

Hello,

I'm just wondering if and how I can check availability of getting Fibre To Building installed at my place?

Building I live in is fairly new and it does have communication room.

Also, there is Ethernet socket next to telephone line built in the unit.

As far as I read TPG mail, maximum speed at my address could reach 115Mbps as stated:

" Thank you for signing up with TPG NBN.

As a valued TPG customer, we want to make sure that you're getting the most out of your NBN plan which is why we've undertaken a review of your NBN speed.

Maximum speed your address can receive = 115Mbps
Maximum speed of the NBN50 plan you have chosen = 50Mbps "

Best Regards,

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

Hi @nagra

Apologies for the confusion. 

TPG offers 2 types of FTTB service: NBN FTTB and TPG FTTB. 

For NBN FTTB Broadband Bundles, TPG is just a reseller of NBN as we are using NBN infrastructure however for the TPG Fiber to the Building, we own the infrastructure and we operate the end to end Fibre network infrastructure to deliver our FTTB service which means we have full control over your service quality that is why the speed and rates are different. 

Our TPG FTTB service does not rely on NBN Infrastructure and it is only available in selected buildings and will depend on the agreement between the building administrators and our project managers. If you wish to apply, you can send an email to buildingupgrade@tpg.com.au

Based on the account located using your Community details, I can see that you are currently connected to an NBN FTTN service. Once a certain technology has been rolled out in an area, there will no longer be another type of technology/service that can be used on that location. 

Furthermore, the email you have received is to inform you of the capability of your  line with your current service. You have the option to keep your current plan (NBN50) or upgrade to NBN100.

If you are pertaining to another address, you may send it via private message so we can check the service availability.

Let us know if you have any other queries. 

Cheers! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

Hi @nagra,

Welcome to TPG Community!

The TPG FTTB service is only available in selected FTTB enabled buildings. You can check the availability of the service and register your interest here: https://www.tpg.com.au/fttb#fulladdress_input

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

nagra
Level 2

Thank you @Riezl

Perhaps I should formulate question a bit different way.

What makes a building 'selectable' for FTTB as it seems from TPG mail that max speed I could get is 115Mbps already?

And does it make any difference that I have Ethernet socket next to telephone line built in my unit?

So, is there any extra special gear to be installed for FTTB or is there someone who could check if building is already enabled?

I have registered my interest for FTTB long ago, and I've tried to reach someone to talk about such possibility over TPG telephone support line with no available.

Regards,

nagra

Ahra_G

Hi @nagra

Apologies for the confusion. 

TPG offers 2 types of FTTB service: NBN FTTB and TPG FTTB. 

For NBN FTTB Broadband Bundles, TPG is just a reseller of NBN as we are using NBN infrastructure however for the TPG Fiber to the Building, we own the infrastructure and we operate the end to end Fibre network infrastructure to deliver our FTTB service which means we have full control over your service quality that is why the speed and rates are different. 

Our TPG FTTB service does not rely on NBN Infrastructure and it is only available in selected buildings and will depend on the agreement between the building administrators and our project managers. If you wish to apply, you can send an email to buildingupgrade@tpg.com.au

Based on the account located using your Community details, I can see that you are currently connected to an NBN FTTN service. Once a certain technology has been rolled out in an area, there will no longer be another type of technology/service that can be used on that location. 

Furthermore, the email you have received is to inform you of the capability of your  line with your current service. You have the option to keep your current plan (NBN50) or upgrade to NBN100.

If you are pertaining to another address, you may send it via private message so we can check the service availability.

Let us know if you have any other queries. 

Cheers! 

nagra
Level 2

thank you @Ahra_G 

cheers

Ahra_G

You're very welcome, @nagra

Feel free to reach out again should you have further queries or requires assistance. 

Cheers! Smiley Happy