G.Fast FTTB

Jackburtonsboot
Level 2

Hi,

Any updates on g.fast in FTTB installations? I've just bought an apartment in Melbourne (3004) and it's serviceable by TPG's FTTB (non-nbn). Would love to get faster speeds, but seems like my only options are 100mb at the moment? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Angeli

Hi @Jackburtonsboot

Welcome to TPG Community! 

At the moment, we are offering our 90Mbps plan. Will you still consider on getting it for your new home? 

Regards, 

Angeli

Jackburtonsboot
Level 2
Oh, I’ll have my fingers crossed for a future upgrade, then. At the moment I’m not interested in the 90Mbps plan (I’ll likely go with 100Mbps nbn - speed is my main concern, even the 10Mbps difference. Undecided on a provider yet, though.). TPG can really get a large market share in apartments throughout Australia if they can offer faster speeds than competitors in apartments (I.e FTTB > g.fast). Thanks for your reply!
deskrev
Level 2

Hi,

Read thread below

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/TPG-Fibre-to-the-Building/Adtran-SDX-2221-48-Gfast-Distribution-Poin...

Coming soon… first with Superloop, then other RSPs (assuming that includes TPG) in August

petwil11
Level 2

A few in our building just got connected to Vision GFast with Capti.com.au, speeds have been ~900Mbps. They are acitve in QLD and apparently NSW and VIC about to come online. 

deskrev
Level 2

Juat applied for CAPTI yesterday for the 1000/50 service (I'm in Sydney).

VisionNetworks connecting me today. I have to use their NTU, but will try a new G.Fat router I recently purchased.

All the AAA is done by the RSP, so hoping they will give me the details…