TPG Community

Get online support

How the hell am I supposed to register a fault here - or anywhere in your systems?

stevecurran
Level 2

I am hugely frustrated. I need to register a fault with the increasingly slow service I am getting from my fibre to the building installation. But you seem to have NO place to simply log a fault online. You make me jump through all sorts of extra hoops to register for this support 'community', even though I am clearly a registered TPG customer and have logged on with my valid credentials, you make me complete an extra registration for this 'community'. And even then, I can't seen ANYWHERE where I can tell you that my line connection speeds are frequently becoming completely pathetic. It's Sunday morning here and I can barely scrape 20 Mbs. You've turned off the TPG server on Ozspeedcheck - probably because it reports your currently woeful level of service. First thing this morning I couldn't even get 1 Mbs download. What is happening? Up until the last month or two the service has been OK, even great at times, but now the service has decreased to the point that it is no longer fit for purpose, or as advertised in your advertising material, and guess what, you make it virtually impossible to report a fault. 
Oh yes, I can try calling you - and, on s SUNDAY morning, the current ... wait... times ... are 30... minutes. Yeah, great service from TPG - and then I can probably leave you my number and then have to hang around waiting for you to ring me back. So no using the loo or having a shower in case you deign to reply must when I can't take the call. 
Can I find anywhere to log a fault online? No. I'm reduced to writing this stupid message. 
In the supply chain industry this is called 'friction'. You introduce so much pain-in-the-rear-end factor into a process to procure something, that most people give up and find another way to get by, or, in this case, put up with substandard service, including a really crap customer service offering.
Will I be recommending TPG to any of my friends who are also disasitisfied with their current ISP? No, I don't think so. 
Please fix up my line connection issues and don't be sending me stupid emails or messages - which I have to go and actively check for, rather am told that I have, with stupid questions asking me to provide you with my account number and details - which I have already given your system TWICE now, just to get this far. Use the computer, use the data I already gave you to look them up. And then please email me once you've fixed the problem. Or, if you need something else, email me because I get that automatically rather than having to log on, twice, and go and check if the great gods of TPG service have deigned to reply. 

Not happy, just in case you couldn't tell. 

7 REPLIES 7
SteveK
Level 5

Yes, it certainly is well hidden.... how dare they hide it on their homepage.

https://www.tpg.com.au/complaint.php

and:

https://www.tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

Ahra_G

Hi @stevecurran,

We appreciate you taking the time to post. 

Speeds at other times of the day are typically faster than the typical evening speeds as less customers use the Internet at the same time. As always, actual speeds may vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. 

Based on the remote tests, there is no fault on the line that is service affecting. 

You may check these articles for reference:

Nevertheless.I have organised a call back to be made from our Technical team to check for any underlying connection issues. Call back is set tomorrow, 15 December 2020 between 10-11AM. Should you have a preferred time for the call, please do let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

SteveK
Level 5

You addressed it to the wrong person.

@Ahra_G 

Ahra_G

Thanks for letting me know @SteveK!

stevecurran
Level 2

See SteveK I knew some complete smartarse would reply like that. Congratulations, you are clearly a superior human being even if you are a complete douche.

I tried looking at doing it through the application, but I couldn't find anywhere to do it there. And the link to report a fault gave me the useless telephone number located god-knows-where that was experiencing unusually high call numbers at a low peak time, and wanted me to wait 30 minutes for some call back that will never happen. Just like the promised call back in the moderator reply (you know it's a robot Steve, right? You and it should get along just famously.) promised didn't eventuate. 
So, I'm glad that I gave you chance to demonstrate your obvious low self-esteem by trying to slap me with your snyde comments. It's OK, go back in your darkened room, everyone knows just how smart you are, even if you don't feel that way. 

stevecurran
Level 2

Thank you for your suggestions, none of which helped. The problem is on your end. And the same thing happens on wired as on wireless connections. Still waiting for a call-back from the technical support team. This morning the system was running at 12mbs and the connection became unstable when I was on a Zoom call, leading to disruption in the audio feed. It's just not acceptable. The best I've had lately is about 20mbs. 
Yet when I use your 'tool' (aka fairy story writer) it says that the  connection speed is 96mbs, but indepent measure shows 48mbs, which immediately after fell to below 20mbs again. 
It used to be great but you seem to overloaded the equipment in our complex. We have fibre to the premises, but there are 800 plus units here and the service quality is now abysmal. 

Ahra_G

We're truly sorry for the delay in contacting you, @stevecurran

I have since chased this with our Technical Team. Kindly wait for the call in the next hour.