problem of NBN connection

yojp1004
Level 2

Your technician already comes here and tried to connect to internet service but he can not do that.

And he tolds me  maybe the cable line inside the pipe line is tangled that is come from my property to the outside main NBN line.

I already contacted to TPG service center and then they told me to contact with NBN co.

So I contacted them and they said we should talk about this to TPG.

How can I sove this probelm ??

If you can no solve this problem I should have to cancel your service and contact with other provider.

Please contact me and give some answers.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @yojp1004

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and checked the update of your NBN order.

We understand that you've been in touch with our NBN service delivery team and you were advised that the NBN tech reported an internal network shortfall.

The conduit is blocked and needs to be fixed. An NBN technician is booked to visit your site again on 31 March 2021 between 1PM to 5PM.

Please make sure that your private technician was able to fix the conduit issue. Further updates will be given by your case manager.

BasilDV

yojp1004
Level 2

Hi

I got the message from NBNco 

This work is not expected to be completed until 28/05/21.

It is 2 months later. How can we live without internet for 2 months ??
Is there any other options can we use temporarily before that work completed ??

And can you tell me why NBN technician will not come on 31/03/21 ??

BasilDV

Hi @yojp1004

We've checked the NBN order and can't confirm the completion date that you've provided.

Your case manager tried to contact you yesterday to no avail as well.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted by your case manager for further discussion.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

And can you tell me why NBN technician will not come on 31/03/21 ?? - This is due to the network shortfall declared by NBN Co. The complexity of the issue is one of the factors that delays the completion of the order.

Core Network Shortfall

What is it?

Additional work within the NBN network is required to complete your installation. This work can sometimes be complex and requires technician with specific skill set or equipment working across multiple days.

The most common reasons for this shortfall is the Lead-In Conduit (LIC) which is the underground path where the fibre runs along is damaged, blocked or doesn’t exist.

This additional work is required by NBN and would apply for all Internet Service Providers. There is no cost to you as NBN will be completing the work.

An Email notification was also forwarded to you.

BasilDV

yojp1004
Level 2
2 guys (maybe from NBNco) came to here and installed this NBN box outside today.
But i got the message from TPG tomorrow’s appointment is canceled because NBNco should do something first.
But i think they already done that work today? Isn’t it?
I’m just wondering what you guys should have to do more.
Shane

Hi @yojp1004,

Shoot me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time. We'll have the assigned case manager handling this case to clarify the status of the service installation with NBN.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

2 guys (maybe from NBNco) came to here and installed this NBN box outside today.
But i got the message from TPG tomorrow’s appointment is canceled because NBNco should do something first.
But i think they already done that work today? Isn’t it?
I’m just wondering what you guys should have to do more.
yojp1004
Level 2

Hi

Today TPG technicians connnected to internet service.

So i checked internet speed and there's only just 32mbps.

My plan is 90mbps.

Can you please check this problem for me ?? It was not that slow before i move in to this property.

BasilDV

Hi @yojp1004

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've checked the account and it shows that the new address is quite far from the NBN node.

You are under the NBN FTTN technology, which is similar to ADSL service that depend on the quality and distance of the copper cable from your premises to the node.

You may change your NBN plan to NBN50 or NBN25 as we are unable to give you the 100 Mbps speed in your new address.

Refer to this article: How to Change NBN Plan Online via TPG My Account

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV