TPG Community

Get online support

ADSL2+ Installation has been delayed for 6 months...

candl3
Level 2

I have been a loyal TPG customer for 10+ years, and I decided to go with TPG again for another location. However...

I purchased the TPG ADSL2+ bundle since november 2019, and I have waited for an installation since mid december. The installation was delayed again and again, with promises being broken over and over again. 

On the 17th of April, there was an installation scheduled from 8-12pm, but no one showed up. And I've called on the day, the day after, and the day after that....repeatedly until now. I always get a response saying "Our case manager will contact you URGENTLY, first thing in the morning tomorrow" or "I'm very sorry, I understand this is an urgent matter, I can guarantee that a case manager will work on this and call you in 24-48hours". But, its been 5 days since the "24-48 hours" and its been another 2 days since the "a case manager will contact you tomorrow morning urgently". 

I'm very disappointed with the services and time being wasted waiting for something that will never happen

5 REPLIES 5
RajenS

HI @candl3 

Welcome to TPG Community! Please PM me your TPG username, CID or mobile phone number so I can look at your service.

kind regards

RajenS

Hi @candl3 

Looking at your account now 

Thanks 

Rajen 

RajenS

Hi @candl3 

I am sorry about downtime you are going through, because of the outside network not completed yet by Telstra, I made a special request for you, please let me know if you didn't receive any update within 24 hours. 

Thanks 

Rajen 

candl3
Level 2

Ok thanks

candl3
Level 2

The telstra technician came to my house, and he can't the "mainline" on the street is faulty, and he can't do the installation. But the other technician said it's fine, and he can connect my granny flat to the main house (because they're very close, side by side). If the mainhouse has internet connection, there is no reason that the granny flat next to the main house can't have internet connection. The mainline should not be faulty, since the entire street has internet connection. So i'm suspecting that he doesn't want to do his job, because it might take too long. I asked for his job number so I can refer it to another telstra technician that can do the installation, but he insists that I contact TPG for this matter, and he wouldn't provide the job number.

I have waited since november last year for this installation, can I get this resolved asap please? If possible, I want to arrange another Telstra technician that I know, to complete this installation.