TPG Community

Get online support

ESIM won't activate on iPhone

janeoloughlin
Level 2

Hi, I signed up to a plan yesterday and ordered an eSIM. I was able to complete the first part of the activation process - my number has been transferred from my old service to TPG. However, when I try to add the eSIM on my iPhone using the QR code I consistently get a message saying the SIM can't be activated. I can't call TPG obviously because my old service has been disconnected. I would greatly appreciate the issue getting resolved asap.

10 REPLIES 10
adib_rahmang
Community Manager

Hey @janeoloughlin,

We'll get this sorted for you. Are you able to send me a private message?

janeoloughlin
Level 2
Hi Adib,

I sent a private message 14 hours ago - I’ve had no contact from TPG. I’ve also emailed and had no contact on how to resolve this.
janeoloughlin
Level 2

still no word whatsoever....

janeoloughlin
Level 2

Are you going to help me with this issue?   I obviously can't receive any calls from TPG. I can't login to my account because you require me to enter a passcode that's been texted to me (which I obviously can't receive).  

This is honestly the worst phone service I've ever experienced.  

Shameful. I'll never sign with TPG again or recommend this service to anyone.

janeoloughlin
Level 2
No contact from TPG at all despite multiple messages
adib_rahmang
Community Manager

I've replied to your PM, @janeoloughlin.

jashabowe
Level 2
Hello,

I have just switched iPhone and the eSIM details did not transfer across to my new device. I now can’t make or receive calls and that means I can’t log into my account because the second stage of the process asks to send me an sms verification code, which I obviously can’t receive because my eSIM is currently not active on my phone. How can I get into my account to get my eSIM details when I can’t receive the sms it’s trying to send me. At the moment I can’t do anything with my phone. I need help. Is there another way to let me access my account as I know the eSIM details are in there. I’m pulling my hair out!!!
kate_

Hey @jashabowe, we'll help you get your SIM working on your new phone.

If you head to the link below and fill out our Confirm Identity form, our Privacy Team will help get a new eSIM organised. We'd suggest entering the number of a friend or family member who can receive texts. The team will send a verification link over text for you to complete 😊

Confirm Identity | TPG

jashabowe
Level 2
Hi @kate_

I have already done all that is required. Confirmed my identity with the privacy people using my passport and my selfie. They already have the temporary number on file as that is how I received it.

I still haven’t recieved any outcome and nobody can call me and I can only msg from the temporary number. I just want to get my eSIM back on line asap.