TPG Community

Get online support

Landline no dail tone and no internet

flora711
Level 2
Internet just fixed yesterday ticket no. was 10472256, now 13:27 no internet and landline no dail tone again. we saw a technician working on the lines outside our house this morning, might be Telstra unplug our line again, please contact me Asap
3 REPLIES 3
David_M

Hi @flora711 

Thanks for your query!

Let me have a look for you, and I will get back to you ASAP.

There is also a new ''TPG Mobile APP'' to help you with various trouble shooting and account issues, via a mobile phone app.
https://www.tpg.com.au/download

Regards,
David_M

David_M

Hi @flora711 

Yes. It looks like telstra have made a mistake on your fault probably while working on another service.

I have pushed this concern straight to our telstra faults team and they should get Telstra back out ASAP.

Your a bit unlucky, but it happens.

Regards,

David_M

wefbee
Level 2

Power Cycling is the first thing to do when you face troubleshoot issue.

Please take these steps: How to power cycle the Modem?

• Unplug the power cord from the power outlet or the back of the modem

• If the modems lights do not shut off after removing power, please see below *

• Unscrew the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet or the back of the modem

• If using a wireless router, unplug the power cord from the power outlet or the back of the device

• Wait 30 seconds - Use this time to verify that any ethernet or phone cables are securely connected to the correct ports

• Verify that the phone cable is plugged into Tel 1 (Tel 1/2)

• Screw the coaxial cable back on to the coaxial outlet or the back of the modem

• Plug the power cord back in to the power outlet or the back of the modem

• Allow 30 - 50 seconds for the lights on the modem to return to their normal blinking stage

• If using a wireless router, plug the power cord back into the power outlet or the back of the device. Depends!

• Check to see if your services are properly working or not

Hope this helps!

Wefbee

A capitalist