TPG Community

Get online support

Moving house & FTTC question

amhadebe
Level 2
Hi,
Hoping to get some help and advise.
I recently moved house to an apartment building with 3 units. One business on the ground/street level, one unit( unit A) on the 1st floor and our unit ( unit B) on the 2nd.

Checking on the NBN site say there is FTTC to the street address. I have been advised NBN is not available on my street and have been downgraded and signed upto to ADSL at this new place with a 10 - 20 day setup timeframe.
If FTTC is available to the main Street address should NBN be available at my unit? It looks like there is existing copper as I have a phone line. Or does new cabling work need to be done?
1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @amhadebe

Welcome to the Community!

In relocating to a new address and would like to know about the availability of the NBN service, we recommend our customers check the NBN Rollout Map for accurate information.

You also need to check with your Landlord if they registered your address with the NBN Co correctly.

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tried to check it with NBN Co rollout Map.

It says ' There’s still work to do before your premises is ready to connect. This work may take approximately 6 to 12 months.*
Please check back periodically for updates on when your premises will be ready to connect. '

Depending on the complexity of the work needed to lay-out the NBN FTTC technology in the area, the service may be available sooner that the given time frame or later.

BasilDV