TPG Community

Get online support

NF12 modem upgrade

abrown82
Level 2

I Have recently been having trouble with WIFI dropouts, slow speeds and some of my Google devices unhappy with the older version of WIFI security that is available on the NF12 moden that TPG supplied.

Is there a firmware update or any sort of improvements that can be made to this modem, or do i need to purchase something better? 

Current FW is: GRNV5.TT101B-B-NC-R4B019.EN

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hey,

Thanks for raising this to us. There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

We'll check if there is an available firmware version for the Netcomm NF12, send us your accuont details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file) also include the current firmware version and serial number of the modem.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

@abrown82 wrote:

I Have recently been having trouble with WIFI dropouts, slow speeds and some of my Google devices unhappy with the older version of WIFI security that is available on the NF12 moden that TPG supplied.

Is there a firmware update or any sort of improvements that can be made to this modem, or do i need to purchase something better? 

Shane

Just checking if there has been an improvement after the troubleshooting, please update this thread should you require assistance.