TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Email Alias and The Messaging Company

chrisj211073
Level 2

I want to know this as well.

I have an Alias, for when I sign up for something I find dodgy, For collecting the spam I will probably receive, And have recieved. Or give the alias out to someone that I dont really trust. I can just kill that alias and make a new one at anytime if anyone is trying to scam or sending me nasty messages.

But TPG went away and took away email aliases. Now you are taking away email completely.... I dont understand this descision by TPG. This is a VERY strange thing to do. Lots of people use email aliases to seperate their personal life from their work life, and also to evade spam, scammers, or nasty people etc. (thats how I was using Aliaes)

bforce
Level 3

@TPG how are you going on this topic? - Transfer of TPG Email Alias to The Messaging Company - as the silence is deafening on both the TPG Community Forum and Private Messaging fronts. Keep in mind you are asking your customers to be transferred over the The Messaging Company by 11th September 2023, so times a ticking!

Looking4Answers
Level 3

ANSWER

I have a direct email from TPG saying:

"

Unfortunately, aliases won't be transferred or migrated to the messaging company.

"

note that my forum messages are being removed by a moderator, so please share this!

BasilDV

Hi @Looking4Answers

We do not remove any messages, unless they are marked as spam by the system.

Check your post here: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/EMAIL-ALIASES-AND-MOVE-TO-THE-MESSAGING-COMPANY-A...

We are still looking into the clarification of the query and will provide updates once available.

BasilDV

gow5000
Level 2
I rang Support 2 days ago and was told all aliases will be treated as proper email addresses on The Messaging Company (TMC). You have to transfer the main email as well as all its aliases, one by one. Once all are transferred to TMC, the aliases will be separate email addresses not attached to the main email. If this is true, imagine what the yearly cost will be in September 2024 having multiple emails to pay for. At this point, I have no idea what is actually happening. An ISP with no email service. TPG, I wish you good luck with that!
GrantM
Level 2

@BasilDV wrote:

We are still looking into the clarification of the query and will provide updates once available.

It can't be that hard to get an answer for this question, are aliases migrated or not. 

Most people have multiple alias email accounts so this can't come as a surprise to TPG that people (your customers) would want to retain the ability to continue to use the aliases they have set up and actively use.

Please answer so we can make a call on how to progress with this migration.

Do we need to migrate each individual alias or just the main account email.

Yes I know Gow5000 has said each one will be handled as seperate but I want confirmation from a TPG source

DarkHalf
Level 3

Dear BasilDV,

I have been reading this thread with particular interest as I also have multiple aliases with TPG.

I connected to the link you supplied in this post:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Moderator-Discussion/EMAIL-ALIASES-AND-MOVE-TO-THE-MESSAGING-COMPANY...

This takes me to a TPG page that tells me that access is denied. Is there another link with information?

Also, as mentioned just before, I have multiple email aliases from my main account, and tonight I wanted to check these aliases, but I cannot see this information in "My Account" page. I go to the "Manage your Email Aliases" link, and all I can get is a message that "Mailbox alias creation is currently unavailable." I do not have the ability to even see the list of aliases I have created. Can you help with this?

Regards

DarkHalf

Angeli

Hi @DarkHalf

Just to clarify if these email aliases that you are referring to has their own inboxes or if emails that being sent to the aliases are all routed to your main TPG email address?

Regards, 

Angeli

bforce
Level 3
In regards to Aliases not being transferred to TMC and having to transfer the Aliases individually, this is the message I received today regards to the topic/PM

“When you transfer your main email, any aliases will transfer too.”

So who knows what is going on!!
bforce
Level 3
So I asked TPG to clarify my previous communication re Aliases.

It appears there is confusion with “Slave” and “Alias” meanings.

“The additional email address is what we call your slave email account while an alias is an email address that serves as a nickname identity for your master or slave email account. All the emails sent to your alias email address will be redirected to the same mailbox as the master or slave account.”

“We believe what we have advised on the Community are intended for Slave emails” - meaning each “Slave” account will individually need to be transferred over to TMC.

“Associated “aliases” will migrate over with the main email address.”

Hope this helps (fingers crossed “Aliases” are transferred over to TMC with the Main TPG email address)